• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PlantGrowthTimelapseProject with LRT Pro Timer

#1 Sheeba
Hello Gunther, hello people,

exactly for such a project, I have in the version 0.93 / 2 interval times up to 60 minutes implemented. The second camera port, which is also controlled in this version, serves to control the light during the exposure.
Details can be found in the attached PDF.
If anyone has questions about the "lamp switch box", you are welcome to contact me.

If everything works as planned, I will post a link to the video in about 8 weeks.

I would be very happy about feedbacks!!!

Best regards,
Hans
Attached Files

.pdf   PlantGrowthTimelapseProject with LRT Pro Timer.pdf (Size: 380.09 KB / Downloads: 66)
#2 Sheeba
Hello Gunther, hello people,
as announced, here is the Plant Growth Timelapse video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6UX8aEuFUk
For all who did not watch the video until the end, here are the details:
Recording time 750 hours
Interval 30 minutes
Number of pictures 1500
The camera (Camon EOS 7d MK2)
The LRT Pro Timer (Firmware 1.02B)
And all other equipment, has worked all the time without interruption and without problems !!

Best regards,
Hans
#3 ramigrafx
Hi Hans,
I am very impressed with your timelapse of the muscaries growing. I have done similar with an amaryllis flowering over a 10 day period, but I left a light on above it to ensure that it grew upwards and not towards the window. About 1000 images taken at 15 minute intervals.

I have built another LRT Pro timer for use with a pir connected to the second output and this works well. That makes about 5 now. All ready for different uses
I am currently building another device to switch a light on from the focus connection on the second camera output from a LRT Pro timer, but am having trouble with your ‘lamp switch box‘ circuit.

The switching device that I am using is similar to yours and will switch mains voltage.

It can be found at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-LED-Autom...2749.l2649

It works correctly when I have been using it triggered from an Arduino using another circuit, but if I try to trigger it using your circuit using the transistor nothing happens.
I have the circuit connected to the output from a LRT Pro timer which is sending an impulse (checked with a connected camera) and nothing happens.
I have redone the circuit several times on a bread board just in case I made a mistake, but that made no difference. I am using a 2N2222 transistor, but I don’t think that is the problem. I have tested the transistor with a simple circuit using leds, and it still is still ok.

Any ideas ? or a different circuit?

Richard
#4 Sheeba
Hi Richard,
the link to the switching module shows a different device.
To help you further, I need some more information.
Which circuit of mine did you use 1 or both transistors?
What level does your module need to switch 12V or 0V?
Greetings Hans
#5 ramigrafx
Hi Hans,
I used the one transistor circuit shown in the pdf.
The switching device I run on 12 volts . I have triggered it with 12 and 6 volts and 5 volts from an Arduino.

This is the spec of the device.

Features :
1.It's a new digital LED countdown display 12v delay module module. It can be widely used with various control switch places.
2.It can set the delay time,can press "set" buttons. After setting up, power-up setting value is previous setting delay time as we set last time (power-down memory function);
3.It's precision delay, error 0.01% per second, a delay of 0-999 seconds , LED changes per seconds ;
4.LED digital display, normally open trigger delay 12V relay module, triggered by an external signal.
5.Modules are high level trigger, counting time 0-999 seconds.
6.The wide range of products can be used in many fields;
7.It work in a low-power mode, press the left button to turn off the digital display or begin to show

Descriptions:
working voltage: DC 12V
Standby current:12ma
working current:50ma
Load: AC 250V 10A(max) or DC 30V 10A(max)
Size:6.5x3.5cm
#6 Sheeba
Hi Richard, if I understand correctly, your module needs a high signal to trigger.
Therfore the circuit with a transistor is correct. Measure the voltage at the focus. It should be about 5V when the focus is off and about 0V when the focus is active. At the transistor you should measure about 0V at Focus off and about 12V at Focus on !!
But question, what exactly do you want to do with the timer module?
#7 ramigrafx
Thanks Hans, I will work on that. I want to use it similarly to you for switching a light, but I will have the flexibility to adjust the time that the lamp is on.
I will be away now so I won't be doing anything until my return. I will keep you posted on my circuitry.
Richard

...also check out: