• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 gcmediatenerife
I have been shooting a number of ‘coastal’ timelapses and processing them with Lrtimeplase/Lightroom.
I’m am not sure if you are developing this idea, but I would like to be able to make a ‘polygon’ mask with a Pen Tool to target a separate specific area and be able to animate it. For example, I shot La Gomera in the daytime and being able to draw a mask (only over the island) to make it stand out would be great.

I do have Adobe Speedgrade but it would be better if all the processing was contained within Lrtimelapse/Lightroom.

Also, with the existing gradation filters, it would be cool to be able to pull the top and bottom edges out to feather them independently. At the moment, they are linked symetrically, so if you pull the top edge up, the bottom edge moves by the same amount.

Many thanks
Gordon
#2 Gunther
Hi Gordon,
LRTimelapse can only use the tools that Lightroom/ACR offer. Currently you can animate up to 3 gradients (and they are symmetrical by adobes design, there is nothing I can do about it) - and up to 2 circular gradients introduced with Lightroom 5.
Especialle the circular gradients should allow you to do what you want.

You can as well use the Paint-Brush mask in Lightroom, but it is not supported by LRTimelapse - so you will have to apply it as the very last step in the workflow to your sequence and synchronize it (and only it) to all other images manually.

Hope I could help!
Best, Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: