• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possible bug - Ramp carries over to next lapse

#1 arbiel
It seems that stopping a lapse from a paused state does not cancel a ramp that is in progress. I can best explain this bug by describing below the step by step behavior I observed during a test I ran. Everything is normal until the last two sentences, but the preceding establishes context. I have Pro Timer 3 running firmware 29.

I select Timelapse (M) mode. I select 2s interval. I select unlimited shots. I confirm the settings and start shooting. Lapse starts and Running Screen shows expected values. I initiate a ramp from 2s to 4s interval over 2m. The Running Screen now shows a star, indicating a ramp is in progress. After 1 minute, the interval has progressed to 3s. I enter Pause. I end the lapse from paused state (two long clicks). I immediately start a new lapse, again in Timelapse (M) mode. The interval selection is auto-populated to the last value of 3s, but I change it to 10s. I again select unlimited shots. I again confirm the settings and start shooting. New lapse starts, but Running Screen still shows the star. Instead of the 10s interval I just chose, it starts at 7s and ramps up to 10s, seemingly in the time remaining from the last ramp.

Now that I am aware of the problem, I recognize easy workarounds are to cancel ramping prior to ending the first lapse, or cancel the ramp in the new lapse and then restart the lapse. However, I wanted to bring this to your attention since a user may expect the ramp to cancel with a stopped lapse, so fail to notice the interval is wrong at the start of a proximate new lapse since they had just confirmed a different interval.
#2 Gunther
Thanks for reporting this. I will have check that out and provide a fix asap.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
Fixed in Firmware 30, https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/firmware-updates/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: