• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

possible smaller format build

#1 Ktronik
found this in my travels....

https://www.tindie.com/products/sumukh20...for-canon/

its looks to be very close to the build needed to drop in your code...

looks to be smaller...given UNO is kinda built into the back of the board...w OPTO triggers...

LCD and buttons on front...even looks to have resistor ladder switch input...

very good chance this board will work, with a few pin changes in code...

this make a simpler all built solution to get new users going...

K
#2 polly_sacharride
If one were so inclined and had the technical knowledge it wouldn't be hard to create a custom PCB, attach the appropriate components and simply program the existing code onto a bare Atmega328 chip. All the Arduino does is provide regulated power and convenient connectivity in a standardized package however all the same pins are available on the bare chip itself. For most people it's just easier to stick with using an off-the-shelf Arduino. I'm considering using an Arduino Pro Mini for my build but that's primarily because I'm intending on using a different display.
#3 MLXXXp
polly_sacharride Wrote:I'm considering using an Arduino Pro Mini for my build

That's what I did.

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-my-...0#pid34210
#4 Ktronik
If one were so inclined and had the technical knowledge it wouldn't be hard to create a custom PCB, attach the appropriate components and simply program the existing code onto a bare Atmega328 chip. All the Arduino does is provide regulated power and convenient connectivity in a standardized package however all the same pins are available on the bare chip itself. For most people it's just easier to stick with using an off-the-shelf Arduino. I'm considering using an Arduino Pro Mini for my build but that's primarily because I'm intending on using a different display.

so yes, that is what has been done in the link....single board, w Atmega chip on back with opto isloated camera triggers...LCD and buttons...just add code...change a few pins in code maybe... a great cheap option for almost no soldering....

K

...also check out: