• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

power supply - tablet

#1 TokraCro
I was curious
after I managed to install and connect my camera to tablet ( dslr dashboard ), how am I supposed to get extra power for my tablet so it does not die in the middle of session ?
since both my tablets have only 1 usb that they use for charging or connecting to camera

how did any of you guys deal with this ?
#2 Gunther
If you want to supply external power, you would have to connect via WiFi I fear.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Wire14
For some tablets there are Y-Cables so you can plug in the camera and a separete cable to supply the tablet with energy.

Regards,

Chris
#4 c_joerg
The y cables will probably not work. When the tablet is the master of USB, he delivers the 5V. Charging the tablet is disabled. Charging works only, when the tablet is the slave.

I have the same problem. My camera has no WiFi. But my smartphone can be charged inductive or with additional magnetic plug in Smile

Another Hardware Hack: Open the tablet and go parallel with a 3,6V power supply on the Battery of the tablet…
#5 Gunther
You could use the TP-Link solution, if the camera has not WiFi build in. Then you can use one of those XT-Power power banks to power, camera, motion control and use the 2 USB charging ports to power tablet and tplink. Failsafe. :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 TokraCro
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exclusive-Lenovo...4d2230f342

sorry for the link, I hope its not against forum to post links to ebay here

yeah.. just found this.. as I was reading this post
I think it will not work, but then I dont know.. kinda confused about how it works

but, as long as I dont connect keyboard or mouse ( that will require power ) I might be ok with it.. or not.. I dont know if host is dependent on power or what, or how it goes

ok.. too complicated.. I will order this cable and see what happens Smile
I just hope I will not burn my camera

ps.. if I ever get my camera and tablet working.. still waiting for mister Zoltan to answer or give new version of software that would work on my tablet Smile so no WiFi for me.. for now Smile
#7 TokraCro
(2015-06-26, 12:29)gwegner Wrote: You could use the TP-Link solution, if the camera has not WiFi build in. Then you can use one of those XT-Power power banks to power, camera, motion control and use the 2 USB charging ports to power tablet and tplink. Failsafe. :-)

I have 6D.. so it has wifi.. just my tablet doesnt have that version of program on it... it was me in the other post asking about that problem Big Grin

but thank you for your answer
#8 TokraCro
just one info on this subject
I just got new Pipo W2 tablet
with windows 8.1 and it has one USB and separate power connector.. so I can use usb to control my camera ( even connected 2 of them with usb hub ) and still can charge tablet while taking pictures
tested it with dslrdashboard 0.3 beta 5 and it works smooth on this little tablet, and its around 130$ in my country

...also check out: