• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Private vs Pro in layman’s terms

#1 MiniApertureLaura
Hi,

I’m a freelance photographer and I’ve just started making hyperlapses with my drone. I’m trying to find the best software for creating the video once I’ve edited my RAW images in Lightroom. But I don’t know which license would be most applicable to me, as I’d be creating timelapse’s for commercial gain and the wording in the EULA has baffled me:

“ This does not apply to smaller revenues (<500€ in total) due to ads placed on a website or video file.”

Does the <500€ in total refer to the amount earned per timelapse created? Or is this per year? And what does “due to ads placed on a website or video file” mean in plain English?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the stupid questions! I just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing by the creator of the software and as a sole trader I don’t want to spend unnecessarily if the private license would be ample for my needs.

(thanks again!)

Laura
#2 Gunther
Hi Laura, basically if you do timelapse with LRTimelapse commercially you need a Pro license.
The 500€/US$ exception is meant to help really small, starting businesses that only earn small money via stock or affiliate sales, or from video platforms to get started. Once their aggregated earnings with timelapse exceed 500€/US$ they are required to crossgrade to pro.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MiniApertureLaura
Ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

...also check out: