• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro templates 4K vs 3K

#1 Rui Guerra
Is there a reason why the vídeo file created with 4K pro templates generates a file that is much smaller then the ones created with 3K templates?

Although the 4K has a higher resolution, the samller file size indicates less information?Maybe a much lower bitrate is used in the 4K?

Just an example with a sequence that I've created:

2160p 25fps PRO (4K) - 92,1 MB
1620p 25 fps PRO (3K) - 184,9 MB

(both were done using LRTimelapse 25fps template, before exporting the vídeo)

If that's the case, does this means that (resolution apart) the 3K has a higher video quality then the 4K?

Thanks,
#2 Gunther
I had to lower the bitrate for the 4K a bit because Lightroom sometimes crashes with the high bitrates. Don't forget that that templates are pushing LR's video capabilities to the limits. It was never intended to be used for that what we are doing ;-)

But generally: a 3K Video with say 50Mbps would generate a video file the same size than a 4K Video with 50MBps. More resolution -> same Bandwidth -> lower quality.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Rui Guerra
(2013-02-11, 22:17)gwegner Wrote: I had to lower the bitrate for the 4K a bit because Lightroom sometimes crashes with the high bitrates. Don't forget that that templates are pushing LR's video capabilities to the limits. It was never intended to be used for that what we are doing ;-)

But generally: a 3K Video with say 50Mbps would generate a video file the same size than a 4K Video with 50MBps. More resolution -> same Bandwidth -> lower quality.

OK, thanks Gunter, for the clarifying answer.
All the best

...also check out: