• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro Templates Issues

#1 JoseAlonsoLeon
Hello Gunther,

I received the Pro Templates you sent me yesterday including the 50FPS, and today I wanted to export a sequence in 30fps at 4K and it failed. Tried it several times including 29,967fps and nothing works. I get the error you can see in the screen shot I attached. The same template was used yesterday to export another sequence at the same 30fps in 4K and all went well. I even tried it again just to see and it worked. I am currently testing the 3K output and all seems to be running fine after about 64 images encoded.

I also have a question regarding the Template description. In the files you sent me it clearly shows the template being Video 30.000fps 2304p LRTimelapse Pro.lrtemplate, but when you get the export window the templates that you can choose from when exporting show up as being 2160p and not 2304p. Why is that?

Please note I have no issues exporting at 1080p Full HD

This is not the first time I get this error, as I mentionned in my last email. The first time I got it was from a sequence I made using my Canon 40 D instead of my 5D MarkII. I thought that the problem was related to the images generated by the 40D which were not large enough so I just forgot about it and exported the sequence in 1080p, but now I am getting the same error with large enoug images to create 4K versions.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hi Jose,
unfortunately I still don't know why Lightroom _sometimes_ refuses to encode the videos. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the templates, because on the same system in other cases they export just fine. I fear we'll have to continue monitoring this.

Regarding the wrong filenames: I had to reduce the resolution a bit to stay inside the specifications. I didn't change the filenames because this would have lead to duplicates for all those who had copied the new ones in the same folder.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 JoseAlonsoLeon
Hi Gunther,

thanks for your reply even if we don't have a solution yet. I can confirm that the problem is not constant. I did several 4k renders after I posted this bug and I thought perhaps the problem went away on its own. Wishful thinking...hahaha

I just started a new project and really liked the idea of generating 4k files that I feed into Final Cut Pro X for the final step of editing and making the video. It gives me so much more room to play with the panning (Ken Burns) fake camera movement and the results are really good. Sharp and crisp images.
But I'm on my first sequence and bang, it happened again. I tried exporting in all the frame rates available in your 4k Templates and got the same error. SO now I'm doing it in 3k. Not bad but when you can get 4k you kind of want it, right?

Is there anything I can do to help you diagnose the problem? I really don't like it when technology has the last word on us. If there is information you need or whatever just let me know and I will collaborate and even run tests for you if needed.

Thanks for your help.

Jose

(2012-07-30, 17:30)gwegner Wrote: Hi Jose,
unfortunately I still don't know why Lightroom _sometimes_ refuses to encode the videos. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the templates, because on the same system in other cases they export just fine. I fear we'll have to continue monitoring this.

Regarding the wrong filenames: I had to reduce the resolution a bit to stay inside the specifications. I didn't change the filenames because this would have lead to duplicates for all those who had copied the new ones in the same folder.
#4 Gunther
Hi Jose, if you can find any pattern why it happens sometimes ans sometimes not, let me know. I'm as confused by this issue as you are.
#5 JoseAlonsoLeon
Ok, I'll start making notes of when it happens and what kind of sequence it is.

(2012-07-31, 21:11)gwegner Wrote: Hi Jose, if you can find any pattern why it happens sometimes ans sometimes not, let me know. I'm as confused by this issue as you are.
#6 JoseAlonsoLeon
Gunther,

havent found anything yet but wanted to give more details about behaviour that was not reported in my first bug report.

In the last video I made which you saw, there were so much erratic behaviour that its going to be difficult to find a pattern.

I use two cameras for my shoots, one is a Canon 40D and the other a Canon 5DMII. In the video A day in Funes I had some sequences shot with the 5D that I could not generate a video in 4K others I could not generate 4K or even 3K and had to go to 1080p. Yet the part that baffles me is some of the sequences in that same video were made using the 40D and as incredible as it may seem I was able to creat 4K video sequences in some cases.

Yesterday I tried to do 3 sequences in 4K with files made with my 5D, two sequences were HDR tiff files generated by Photomatix Pro and one sequence was normal RAW files edited in Lightroom. None of the sequences could be exported in 4K, I could only do 3K. I was able to do several other HDR tiff file sequences without a problem, in case you wonder.

Yet today I had a sequence shot with my 40D which I just finished passing thru LRTimelapse to level it (it was a sunrise) and I am exporting it as I write this and all is working fine. Its at 80 encoded files already and will most likely complete as the other 40D sequences in 4K because usually the error message and failure arrives no later then the 8th image being encoded. Tipiccaly after about three images.

So this is very strange, I can do more 4K exports from my 40D sequences then my 5DMII.

Will continue trying and reporting.....

(2012-07-31, 21:39)JoseAlonsoLeon Wrote: Ok, I'll start making notes of when it happens and what kind of sequence it is.

(2012-07-31, 21:11)gwegner Wrote: Hi Jose, if you can find any pattern why it happens sometimes ans sometimes not, let me know. I'm as confused by this issue as you are.
#7 Gunther
I just was able to reproduce the issue once. It was a sequence with no crop at all.
After I set a crop to 16:9 I was able to export in 2160p just fine.

Could you please check if that might be the case with your sequence as well?
#8 pcalvin
(2012-08-02, 12:38)gwegner Wrote: I just was able to reproduce the issue once. It was a sequence with no crop at all.
After I set a crop to 16:9 I was able to export in 2160p just fine.

Could you please check if that might be the case with your sequence as well?

Gunther,

I ran into the same problem with an uncropped 4K sequence from a D7000. Once I did the 16-9 crop in Lightroom, the sequence rendered fine.
#9 pcalvin
Well, I spoke too soon. I just tried to render a sequence done with LRTimelapse 2 ans Lif=ghtroom 4.1 using the most recent pro templates with the 16-9 crop and got the error message again. I am trying 3K and 1080p now.
#10 Rudolph
Hi,
I do not know if the following information will be helpful but you never know…

When I started to experience the problem back in May (http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ligh...e-problems), I think I found a pattern related to when timelapse sequences rendered successfully and sometimes not. Timelapse sequences that I imported into Lr 3.4.1 would render in Lr 3.4.1, 3.5, and 3.6. The timelapse sequences that I imported into Lr 3.6 would not render in Lr 3.6. The only differences in my equipment between 2011 and spring 2012 were the upgrades of Lightroom from 3.4.1 to 3.6 and the various upgrades of LRTimelapse. I did not bother to share this information in my post back in May because I realized the Lr4 solved the issue immediately. Just to be clear, I am not experiencing the problem in Lr4 but it might be helpful information for finding a solution to the problem in the future.

Hope this helps!

Rudolph

...also check out: