• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

problem with canon freezing

#1 DaveHi50
I have been trying to get DSLR Dashboard to work- for years...
I have purchased the newest version of qdslrd and also a new iPad to use with it. I have had some success with it but mostly I find my camera ( Canon 1DX) freezing at around 20 mins into the time-lapse. I have tried everything that I can think of.
I have found a few things that cause it to freeze:
If I move out of range with the iPad the camera freezes
If the iPad sleeps it will freeze the camera

Even after finding these issues the camera is still randomly freezing... I have no idea why.
The only way to un-freeze it is to remove the battery. This pretty much ruins any attempt at a decent time-lapse.

I love the interface of qdslr, and when it works it is amazing. Im at my wits end though. I have been checking rapper -pro. It is pretty expensive but wasting time trying to get qdslr to work is driving me crazy...
anyone else experience this???
Im sure it is not just me.
#2 hubaiz
There is an option 'Keep screen on' that should prevent the iOS device go into sleep (unfortunately on iOS there is no such way as on Android to run application in background)

What is your slowest shutter speed and interval you used?
What interval timer do you use (external or the qDD one)?

Can you see any pattern in the crash?
The new V0.2.7 is available from today, can you try it?
#3 DaveHi50
There is an option 'Keep screen on' that should prevent the iOS device go into sleep (unfortunately on iOS there is no such way as on Android to run application in background) I have used this and it did solve the issue of freezing caused by the iPad sleeping

What is your slowest shutter speed and interval you used?
What interval timer do you use (external or the qDD one)?
I usually use with an Emotimo TB3. I usually set the interval to the longest possible- trying to avoid this problem. for example- I did an auto holy grail. I set the shoot for 4 seconds and the move for 30 seconds... the camera froze after around 20 minutes.

Can you see any pattern in the crash?
other than the sleeping issue and moving the iPad out of wifi range, I have not been able to establish a pattern. I have tried many different combinations... some times it works and most of the time it freezes.

The new V0.2.7 is available from today, can you try it?
Don't get me wrong- i LOVE this app.. I will try the new version and give my feedback on it.
Thank you for the response!!
#4 dohara
You probably have tries this, but, make sure you have the smallest jpg + RAW selected.
#5 DaveHi50
thanks, yes I did this.

...also check out: