• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem with default Graduated Filters in LR

#1 Emericlb
Hello,

So I recently noticed that the default Graduated Filters that LRT gives when importing the pictures in LR make all my pictures way too exposed and absolutely and completely different that the original pictures.

Photo 1 is original picture how I see it after importing it into Lightroom. All the Graduated Filters are here but everything is on 00.00. None of the filters are selected on the screenshot but I can guarantee you that even when I select one, everything is still at 00.00!

Photo 2 I turn off Graduated Filters and dataaaam, the original picture appears, with good exposure like I shot it (and everything still at 00.00). On LRTimelapse, the picture appear like this, and the problem occurs as soon as I import the pictures in LR.

So what seems to be the problem? Am I missing something? I know I can't add graduated filters on my own and that you (Gunther) suggest to use only the one that come with LRT, but it seems that it's destroying my pictures, so I don't know what to do! HELP

Thank you
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Please note that LRTimelapse uses hidden Gradients to do the Holy Grail compensations and deflicker. So deactivating the gradients might change the overally look, that's true.
Most likely you have some strong holy grail compensations this explains what's happening there.
I'd suggest that you redo the sequence by initializing it (metadata -> initialize). Make sure to use the Sync Script when bringing the settings from one keyframe to the other. Use the predefined gradients as usual.
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...ync-script
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Emericlb
Thank you for the fast answer! 

No sure I understand what you mean with "redo the sequence by i[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]nitializing it"?[/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

EDIT: Oh I just see you updated your comment with the answer, thank you!
#4 Emericlb
So I re-did it using way less "stretch" in the Holy Grail Wizard and it worked perfectly, still some brightness for the compensation but that's normal, nothing too bad and it's now useable!

Thanks!!

...also check out: