• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem with exporting in Lightroom

#1 cosmonaut
I am beginner just trying my first timelaps. I follow the tutorial but I am having problem when I try to export to video in Lightroom. The export always stops on the last image and doesn´t finish the export.

Is there anybody else here that experience the same thing? I use lightroom 3.5 and LRTimelapse 1.5.3.

#2 rudikami
(2011-10-05, 01:19)cosmonaut Wrote: I am beginner just trying my first timelaps. I follow the tutorial but I am having problem when I try to export to video in Lightroom. The export always stops on the last image and doesn´t finish the export.

Is there anybody else here that experience the same thing? I use lightroom 3.5 and LRTimelapse 1.5.3.

I am having exactly the same problem, Lightroom stops at the last image, which is very annoying because you have just spent an hour between lightroom and lrtimelapse and think to be seconds away from being able to watch your final video - and nothing happens. Lightroom doesnt freeze or show any abnormal processor usage, it just simply sits there and does nothing.
It seems to be related with the amount of images, when testing with a small batch of images (I tried with 10) it never happens.

Solution anybody??
#3 cecilgoat
Hi,
I'm just starting to experiment with Timelapse and LRTimelapse. I've been having the same problem with LR stopping 'encoding frames' on the last or sometimes second to last image (jpg's). I've tried reducing the number of images, but evan with 50 it still stops. I haven't had the problem with Canon raw files, but am trying jpg's with reduced size to see if that reduces compression artifacts. I would be very grateful if anyone can shed some light on this problem!

Thanks for the great app.

#4 rudikami
(2012-01-17, 00:29)cecilgoat Wrote: Hi,
I'm just starting to experiment with Timelapse and LRTimelapse. I've been having the same problem with LR stopping 'encoding frames' on the last or sometimes second to last image (jpg's). I've tried reducing the number of images, but evan with 50 it still stops. I haven't had the problem with Canon raw files, but am trying jpg's with reduced size to see if that reduces compression artifacts. I would be very grateful if anyone can shed some light on this problem!

Thanks for the great app.

I have stopped using Lightroom completely for Timelapse encoding. This problem has ALWAYS materialized with "normal" amounts of images for a timelapse (300-2000). I have done tests with 10-15 images and it encodes fine. Its a total pain in the ass to have to wait long hours until the last or second last frame ... and then just nothing. No beachball, no unnormal processor/memory activity, no freezing, it just sits there refusing to go on with the task. Well, I guess since this is a LRTimelapse (great program) forum and not a Lightroom (so-so program, Aperture much better IMHO) forum, we will not be heard ...
#5 Gunther
Interesting findings. I export quite all my time lapses with Lightroom and rarely ran into this problem. I can remember that happening once or twice from the hundreds of sequences I already exported so it would be interesting making some more tests to figure out what's the reason for that.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 frigidlight
(2012-01-19, 18:25)gwegner Wrote: Interesting findings. I export quite all my time lapses with Lightroom and rarely ran into this problem. I can remember that happening once or twice from the hundreds of sequences I already exported so it would be interesting making some more tests to figure out what's the reason for that.

I'm having this exact same problem as well. Multiple different folders of images tried, ranges of different numbers of files. Freezes on the last or second to last frame of export. I tried reinstalling the presets from LRTimelapse, nothing works. I'm getting ery frustrated.
#7 Gunther
A couple of days I had one user reporting this behaviour as well and it turned out that he didn't select the proper LRTimelapse Video export preset instead he tried with the standard 1080p template from lightroom. Can you please double check that you are using one of my presets?

Thanks and bye
Gunther
#8 frigidlight
(2012-02-17, 23:07)gwegner Wrote: Can you please double check that you are using one of my presets?

Double checked and I am. I've tried reinstalling the presets as well.

#9 frigidlight
I have somewhat traced this problem to Photoshop. The whole sequence works just fine when I am using still images from my camera imported into Lightroom. However, I have been trying to tilt shift my timelapses by importing video from my camera into photoshop, tilt shifting, exporting as an image sequence, and then importing that sequence into Lightroom and using LRtimelapse like normal. Somewhere in this process the files get changed in a way that causes Lightroom to hang up in this manner.
#10 Gunther
I'm glad you sorted that out. Couldn't you make the tilt shift with Lightroom (Gradient based corrections -> blur and maybe Lens-Corrections) ?
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: