• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem with LRT recognizing metadata

#1 andrewf1
Hi there, I have been having a problem with LRT not recognizing metadata properly. I am using Windows 7 64bit.

My workflow is as follows:

-Initialize metadata in LRTimelapse
-Save

Onto Lightroom:
-Read metadata from files
-edit my keyframes
-save

Then I go back to LRTimelapse and this is where my problem occurs, I click reload - and it asks me to initialize the metadata again... as if it was not created in the first place Sad

Any help is much appreciated.
#2 Gunther
It depends what you changed in Lightroom, in the first instance you could ignore that message and have a look at the changed table values. You most certainly will encounter some gaps (black cells) of parameters that lightroom removed. If they don't affect your result than ignore the message and go ahead.

Background is that Lightroom sometimes deletes entries from XMP, if you for example set WB to As Shoot (what you never should do) that would lead to issues with the metadata and LRTimelapse notifies you.

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 andrewf1
(2012-02-24, 11:08)gwegner Wrote: It depends what you changed in Lightroom, in the first instance you could ignore that message and have a look at the changed table values. You most certainly will encounter some gaps (black cells) of parameters that lightroom removed. If they don't affect your result than ignore the message and go ahead.

Background is that Lightroom sometimes deletes entries from XMP, if you for example set WB to As Shoot (what you never should do) that would lead to issues with the metadata and LRTimelapse notifies you.

Firstly thank you for your prompt reply. I realized I had the WB set to auto for this timelapse.. so that would definitely cause this issue?

I also accidentally left the image stabilizer on, this should be off too yes?

Thank you for your help Smile

...also check out: