• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems with Holy Grail and direct sunlight

#11 gillaaz
Here are some frames I'm referring to:

The yellow band on the ** keyframe turns more orange on the *** frame. There was no clipping of any channels. Not sure why this happens...
#12 Lapsefinger
No you don't, that's the whole point of using LR Timelapse in the first place... :-)
#13 gillaaz
How do I get LRTimelapse to do that though? I thought that LRTimelapse only adjusts the colours/luminance etc. settings between 4* keyframes, not between 2* and 3* frames.

If I use the Auto Transition for special keyframes "Holy Grail Exposure **/***", will it take into account any changes I've made in saturation/luminance etc.? I thought that just smoothed out the intermediate values for exposure.

In the manual, when fine tuning the **/*** frames, it says: "Adjust the exposure of the *** keyframes slightly as needed (yes, you may adjust the exposure again at this point, but only the exposure!)"
#14 Gunther
Yes, the automatic adjustments between 2* and 3* will only be done via the Exposure.
But in your example I don't see much of a difference between the frames. Normally using motion blur plus when rendering should just do the job and smoothen any residual effects.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#15 gillaaz
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go.

The difference is subtle, but I find that on the 3* keyframe the horizon looks orange, then it progressively becomes more yellow, up until the next 2* keyframe. Then the adjustment for the following 3* frame makes it look orange again. So the horizon looks like it pulses, between yellow and orange, which looks quite obvious.

Just can't work out why, as I definitely didn't clip any of the channels...
#16 Gunther
This might be due to the way Lightroom develops differently exposed images. This might as well still be clipping, even if you don't see it in the histogram.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: