• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Process Holy Grail as Basic Workflow

#1 AmandaTL
Hi Guys,

I've recently upgrades from LRT3 to 5.  In LRT3 I preferred to do holy grail sequences with the basic workflow and then match up all the change in exposure points myself (while more time cosuming I found this had the best results).  Since upgrading to LRT5 I found that I do not get this as an option, whenever I try to choose basic the software automatically changes to Holy Grail.  Is there anyway I can prevent this and use my old workflow process?

Thank you
Amanda
#2 Gunther
I'd really recommend to use the visual workflow. There is really no sense in matching your exposure points manually. Just use the Holy Grail wizard and the new Visual Deflicker - the latter will smooth out all residual differences in brightness and deliver perfect results. If you want, you even use the new multipass deflicker in order to make your workflow even easier and faster.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 AmandaTL
OK thanks for quick reply Gunther. I will follow your advice. Cheers, Amanda
#4 AmandaTL
Hi Gunther,

I followed the Holy Grail LRT5 tutorial exactly but when I reload once I finish editing the in LR the settings on Holy Grail keyframes are not being read.  I tried saving in LR and reloading multiple times and all I managed was to get it to read the metadata on the first and last frame, all the other keyframes it does not read the adjustments I made.

I am trying to process sequences for a project deadline so any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Amand
#5 Gunther
Hi Amanda,
I think you might have not saved the metadata properly in Lightroom. You need to do it from the Library (go to Grid View with the "G" key, then select all keyframes and do "Metadata / Save Metadata to Files". Now return to LRTimelapse and do "Reload".
If you save metadata from Develop, it will only save it for the currently selected image.

Should you keep having trouble with metadata not traveling, there is a faq which explains all possible situations: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-keyf...vise-versa
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 AmandaTL
Thank you again Gunther. I tried from Grid view and it just wasn't working but I started from scratch and it worked.
Thanks again, Amanda

...also check out: