• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ProRes, After Effects, Premiere Pro

#1 1tio1
Hey Gunther,

So I'm planning to render a lot of sequences.

And I want to keep the ability to pan and crop later when I edit the videos.
How do I do that?

So I want to render my frames with After Effects in ProRes 422. I read that ProRes is one of the best codecs for editing, because it's lossless. (And I'm not planning on buying the commercial license, because this is just my hobby, so I'll stick with the personal version in the future. That's why I'd use AE, because ProRes is definitely better than H.264, although I think so)

Then I want to edit my final assembled clips in Premiere Pro, I'm learning Premiere Pro as we speak. I think it's not possible to crop and such, but I'm still learning how to use it, so bare with me. Smile I could use AE for that. But how could I retain the ability to crop and pan in my static shots, if needed, without rendering my frames at 1080p? I want to keep the original file size to see when it's compiled what I wanna do with my footage.

Is this possible, or is this just insane because of file sizes?

In other words, how would you do that?
I use LR5, LRT3, Premiere Pro, After Effects.

Sounds a bit fuzzy probably, but if you don't understand what I said, please ask so I could explain more.

Thanks!
#2 1tio1
So, what I did.

I did the same workflow as before in LRT2 but instead of rendering it with LRT3 I exported high res jpegs and rendered them in AE with Apple ProRes 422.

Why?

Because since I've got shaky footage, the 1080p video from LRT3 would lose to much resolution instead of the full res files in AE.

I think I'll go with that workflow from now on. Smile

...also check out: