• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ProRes support in Premiere Pro?

Sad
#1 dilibau
Greetings fellow lapseroidz,

I'm having troubles importing ProRes-encoded sequences in Premiere Pro, and from what I've been able to gather so far it's all due to Apple's lack of support for the Windows version of QuickTime (which I uninstalled following the security warnings this spring).

So my question is simple (and I'd like to think that I've already done my due diligence work to sift through this forum before posting): is there any way to get ProRes vids to work in Premiere without transcoding? If not, what transcoding options do I have?

Thanks in advance.

Setup: Windows 7 Ultimate, LRT 4.0, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
#2 Gunther
I've never had any troubles bringing the ProRes sequences from LRTimelapse (made on Windows) into my Premiere Pro. But I'm using CC. Not sure, probably CS6 still needs quicktime. Afaik, Adobe was/is working on get the Quicktime requirement out of their products.
BTW: you should upgrade to the latest LRTimelapse (currently 4.7.1) if you are still using 4.0.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Pukkascott
Hi Gunter, I want to know your secret.

After a major debate on the Davinci Resolve Users Group in Facebook about creating ProRes in Windows I tried out a load of different ways to create ProRes in Windows and on every single one the gamma, especially in the blacks was lifted.

I round tripped from Resolve to check the original against the ProRes and yours was so close it made no difference. How have you done it?

Whatever it is, patent it, add audio and allow LRTimelapse to create video from other video clips and not just still (TIFF) sequences.

You really are a magician.
#4 Gunther
Thank you, but the credits should go to the ffmpeg team. I've only set the right settings.
If you would like to see kind of a video converting feature in LRT, feel free to post a feature request: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/forum-11.html
I mean, this is not really in the main focus of LRTimelapse, but should be too difficult to implement.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: