• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#11 Cymro
>Thanks for your time!
You are welcome

>If your interval is 3s and exposure time is 13s you will only trigger when the exposure has completed.
- >Of course, and my camera has triggered all the time successfully with an exposure time way longer than interval (dark) time.

The Dark time is the time after the exposure has been taken but before the next one.

>You should set your interval to at least 13.5s and probably more like 14 or 15s. to give the camera time to save the image and
get ready for the next exposure

- > I assume you are assuming the camera is running on the "Noise Reduction" option?
No, I disabled this option in the camera. I'm taking advice from Frank Späth, a longtime photography journalist. You can also
do this by post-processing the photos with external software.

No. I am assuming you are taking a single exposure

-> I already tried "blindly" to run the ProTimer with an interval (dark) time longer than the exposure time, but no difference: the
camera doesn't react at all.
What else could you try?

Try the suggestion from Gunther above to make sure you don't have a faulty unit.

The interval is the time between the triggering of the exposures, so set an interval of 15 seconds
The exposure time is the time the shutter is open for so try your 13 seconds here.
The dark time will be the 2 seconds between the exposure finishing and the next one starting, this needs to be long enough for the camera to save the image to the Storage and be ready for the next trigger.

Have a look at the image just below the photograph Gunther has here, https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/ it explains what we mean by interval etc...

Best regards

Tom
#12 belka
>Reset the settings on the LRT PRO Timer via Settings / Factory Reset.
>Set the camera to M Mode, 1/100 Sec Exposure, AF: Off
>Connect the cable to Port 1 of the Timer and the camera release port.
>Go to Timelapse (M), set an interval of 4 secs and start the timelapse - does the camera release?

I did, step by step, only for port 1 - and successfully.

Which user settings for Timelapse (M) are recommended?

EDIT: Which user settings for a DSLM camera for Timelapse (M) and Custom TL are recommended?

Thank you.
#13 Gunther
What do you mean with "user settings"? Normally you don't need to change anything in the settings.
Since the test worked, everything seems to be alright with your timer.
Usually you wouldn't need "Custom TL".
For all timelapses with exposure times <30 secs, use Timelapse M and set the exposure in the Camera (M mode).
For exposure times longer than 30 seconds, use Astro (Bulb) setting, set the camera to B and set interval and exposure in the timer.
Remember: Interval must always be longer than exposure.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 belka
>For all timelapses with exposure times <30 secs, use Timelapse M and set the exposure in the Camera (M mode).
>For exposure times longer than 30 seconds, use Astro (Bulb) setting, set the camera to B and set interval and exposure in the timer.

It's running - thank you so far.

And I updated to firmware 29 successfully. :-)
#15 belka
Tom,

>> If your interval is 3s and exposure time is 13s you will only trigger when the exposure has completed.
>The Dark time is the time after the exposure has been taken but before the next one.

Of course.

> You should set your interval to at least 13.5s and probably more like 14 or 15s. to give the camera time to save the image and
> get ready for the next exposure

Of course. Otherwise: how could I have photographed time-lapse photography successfully and over years??
The only problem is that third parties use different terms again and again without anything changing in this very simple math.

>> I assume you are assuming the camera is running on the "Noise Reduction" option?
> No. I am assuming you are taking a single exposure

You didn't get aware of - that was pity. I delivered an important information pretty early - I'm quoting:
"I tested again with exposure of 2.5 s and interval of 5 s but nothing has changed camera is not responding in any way." and
"But even when set at minimum only I should release a single/first photo?!"

Again, thank you for your time and efforts. The willingness to help others is a valuable resource for everyone!

...also check out: