• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PTP command for USB-Bulb?

#1 Barkeeper
Hello,

I am using DSLR Dashboard together with my Nikon DSLR without any problems.
Now I need to control my camera via Arduino.

I am looking for the PTP commands to use bulb mode via usb only.

I can switch the camera to bulb and release the shutter, but how do I stop the exposure?
(I found this idea on this website... )
http://www.circuitsathome.com/camera-con...ra-via-usb

Unfortunately the author says that there is a strong limitation as one could the set the camera to bulb via USB but without the option to capture.
He recommends a regular cable release to release the shutter.
Quote: Another rather annoying limitation is capture command, which doesn’t function in bulb mode ( most Canon DSLRs continue to execute capture when switched to bulb, manually or otherwise). Cable release will work as usual so it is still possible to make a HDR intervalometer which can switch between ‘normal’ and bulb modes – all that is necessary is a digital pin on Arduino, a transistor and a couple of resistors.

But after testing Bulb in DSLR Dashboard without problem I am wondering if you could help me on my way to USB Bulb for Arduino & Nikon.
Are there any PTP commands to start and end the exposure while being in bulb mode?

Thank you in advance!
Barkeeper
#2 hubaiz
You use the standard PTP commands to start a BULB capture (only on newer Nikon DSLR ). Camera must be in M mode and shutter speed set to BULB.
You stop the capture with the TerminateCapture (0x920c) command.
#3 Barkeeper
Thank you very much!
Unfortunately I have not been able to find the TerminateCapture (0x920c) command myself.

BTW: Is there any known PTP command to activate the "Info-Display" on the rear display of Nikon DSLRs?

Greetings,
Barkeeper
#4 hubaiz
None that I know.

...also check out: