• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

qddb Lrtimelapse integrated intervolometer

#1 eschneider5
Hi Gunther, I noticed in my latest version of qddb 2.2 in the LrTimelapse module, there is now a built in intervolometer at the bottom. I know you always recommended using an external, but as it is in the module now, do you sanction using it? It would be amazing to have everything under one app!!
#2 Gunther
You can use it. It works reliably in the latest version. However, should the App crash or the tablet go to hybernate for what reason, the shutter release will stop as well. Using an external intervalometer ist always the more stable solution because it will continue releasing the shutter no matter what, and even if qDDB exists, you could just restart it without losing your sequence.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 eschneider5
Thanks Gunther,
I figured as much. I'm going to try it out a couple times and I'll report back.
#4 mfjb
Do you have an iintervalometer you recommend for the camon 5d mark3
#5 Gunther
Check this article for my recommendation: http://lrtimelapse.com/news/intervalometer-hack/
#6 L8bit
Hello

I have a Nikon D750 and when I try to use Dslr Dashboard I can't activate the built in D750 intervalometer.
Is this normal? now I use the intervalometer inside dslr Dashboard but as you said, sometimes I lost the connection between my iPhone and the Nikon and everyting is stop until I restart all.....

Thanks Gunther
#7 Gunther
The internal intervalometer is not suited for this kind of work. Use an external one like the pixel, see the article I linked to in my last answer.

...also check out: