• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QDLSR and Nexus 7 dark exposure question

#1 TheModScene
Hi All

I'm trying to find out what will happen for sunset to night astro timelapses using the Nexus7 and QDSLR. One problem I have with the RamperPro is that when I go from sunset to night the ramper pro never gets to the full exposure I want.  it will get to about 20 seconds and iso 1600. I had the end settings at 20 seconds and iso 4000 (but it never gets there  and I don't think I can make the ramper pro go to the full iso) 

So now I'm thinking of trying the Nexus 7 and QDSLR.  On the LRTimelapse function I wonder if you can set it to reach the full end setting at a certain time? Like if I set the end exposure to be 20 seconds and ISO 4000, can I make that happen at say 2200 hours or midnight or, will algorithm ever find the end exposure once it fells it has it set correctly at 20 sec and iso 1000 like the ramper pro?

thanks, I hope I'm clear about this
#2 Gunther
Hi, the Holy Grail approach in qDDB works a bit different then the RP. You don't need to know the end settings and ending time - you just set boundaries - for example highest ISO, longest Exposure, widest aperture - the Auto-Holy-Grail will then analyze your histogram while shooting and do the adjustments. For best results you should check from time to time and probably adjust the reference value - so you have kind of a semi automatic. This is one of the big advantages: you can always intervene. And you could too just turn the "auto" off at any time and change the settings manually, if you feel so. You have the full transparency.
Normally when ramping till the milkyway in dark surroundings you will easily reach ISO 3200 and 20sec for example with this approach, since qDDb does a histogram analysis at any time and dont rely on a photocell that will stop working when a certain darkness was reached.
But as always: I'd recommend doing some tests to learn how it works before doing productive work.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: