• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Qdslr Dashboard and Pocket Slider Controller

#1 JSte
Hello everyone,

First thread here i'm nervous Big Grin
But now to my question.

Has someone experience with qdslr dashboard in connection with the pocket slider pt pro controller with canon dslrs?

My problem is that the intervall function of qdslr dashboard is a bit bugy, it works not frequently.
The problem is i dont know if dashnoard perhaps overruns the controller intervalltimer because normally it overuns my extern intervalltimer adapter with cable or wlan (batterygrip) to the camera.
So my question is if i can use qdslr dashboard for timelapse and controll the intervall over (i think the app name is mdk controll) the controller on the slider?
My camera is a Canon Eos750D.

Sincerely
#2 Gunther
Don't use the built in intervalometer in qDDB!
Especially, if you use an external motion controller, that controller will trigger the camera.
QDDB will listen to the camera and react when a photo is being taken and eventually change the camera settings in auto holy grail mode.
So the connection would be: release cable from motion Contoller to camera. Wifi connection from qDDB to camera.
Motion controller triggers and moves, qDDB evaluates and changes parameters.
That's it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 JSte
Thank you for your fast answer!
And thank you for this great part of software you buildt!

Okey i get this, but my problem is that when qDDB is working that i cant use an external intervallometer, its triggering and counting but the camera is not reacting.

Its a cheap intervallometer wich sends a autofocus signal to the camera, what du you think if i test it with using the intervall timer hack from your forum. If this works will it work with a controller?

Greets from austria! Smile
#4 Gunther
QDDB must be in Camera mode not host mode (button on main screen) then you'll be able to trigger the camera externally.
Again: You don't need any external intervalometer or the hack. The motion controller will act as intervalometer.
#5 JSte
This button doesnt exist at my app (newest version).

Thank you for your help!
#6 JSte
Have sent a message to zoltan from qdslr where i explained the problem hope he can help me, but i dont think because i have the impressin everything what has to do with canon 750d he ignores or is not reacting to it.
I read a lot in his forum and canon 750d problems are not really popular to him.
Or maybe he is currently working on it. (i hope)
#7 Gunther
Didn't see, which camera you are using.
Can you release the camera via the shutter button when qDDB is connected?
#8 JSte
No cant release the shutter button on camera when qddb is conected.
Any other option that i can try?
#9 JSte
Update: is the mistake may that i use the camera integrated wlan, shoud i try with tp link?
#10 Gunther
If the camera blocks the release, while wifi is activated, there is not too much you cam do. Tplink will work via USB - you light want to try if you can do it directly via a USB connection, or if the camera also blocks then. If it doesn't work via USB it will most likely also not work via tplink.

...also check out: