• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Qdslr picture "limit"

#1 TimeTraveler
Hi,

Might be a stupid question, but where are the Thumbs during HG being stored?
I see that I can only take ~800 shots. Why is that?
Can the thumbnaily not get automatically deleted?

My Tablet does not have a lot of storage, so it would be good if the thumbnails could get removed somehow during the shooting.
#2 Gunther
I'm moving this to the qDDB forum. Normally when in LRTimelapse mode, the previews shouldn't be stored at all. I've never hit a limit when shooting HG. The only thing I could imagine is, that after 800 images in your case the exposure time got too long and interfered with the interval. Please double check that.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 TimeTraveler
Thanks Gunter, I had a situation, where I had a Message on my Canon 550D saying something like "PC full" and the Cam stopped taking photos.
The SD card of the Cam could still take ~3500 photos and when I checked my Tablet afterwards , I had ~2 GB free. So I am wondering where this is coming from and how to prevent it in the future.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
#4 Gunther
Could it be the buffer of the camera filling up? I think you should try to reproduce that. You could also check the remaining memory on your smart device and if there are any previews stored there. There is an option in qDDB to make it discard all previews when quitting. But still - while in LRT mode, it doesn't save the previews at all.
#5 TimeTraveler
Thanks Gunter, I will do some test again tonight and report back

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
#6 kimjelly
I've just had this message on my 5d mk ii (PC FULL). I've not managed to check this yet but I think what happened was;

When in 'qdslrdashboard' and BEFORE selecting 'LRTimelapse mode', I used the 'LV' button to get a view so I could compose
the shot. I'm sure I pressed the button for 'LRTimelapse mode' without deselecting the 'LV' first. I'm guessing this is the case because
I had a file with around 1200 jpegs in my picture folder on my laptop. When I shut down 'qdslrdashboard' the folder disappeared, 'Lrtimelapse' does not save jpegs to the computer in the first place but 'qdslrdashboard' does.

Would anyone know if this fault (fault of my own making), could be the cause?
#7 Gunther
In the qDslrDashboard settings (main settings) turn off:

- "Image review after capture"
- "Show capture history after capture"

Turn on
- "Delete Thumbs on exit".

While in the LRTimelapse screen, qDDB normally never stores the images locally.
If liveview is activated when entering the LRT screen, normally you should get a warning. But anyway, make sure to turn it off next time.
Wink
#8 kimjelly
Thank you very much! I'll get that printed on a t-shirt hehe.
#9 kimjelly
Hello Gunter, I'm still having the same problem here. This time I was shooting a Canon 6d with a Dell xps i7 laptop Windows 10.

5 sec interval.
2 sec max shutter speed.

I tried your suggestions, and only managed to get around 1200 shots. This time the camera thought the card was full (64gig), but around half of it is still free. Also the jpegs are still being saved to my laptop.

I should add that without using qdslrdashboard and the LRTimelapse feature the camera will fill the memory card.

Sorry to hassle you, but I understand hubaiz is not about at the moment.
#10 Gunther
Unfortunately I cannot say anything about this specifically. I've never had the problem, neither on my tablet nor on a W10 laptop. But I shoot with Nikon. Maybe there is a bug, but I can't say... Most likely Zoltan is the only one that can. Lets hope he get well soon again.

...also check out: