• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

qDslrDashboard Canon 750D First Time Use Problems

#1 jonshoreman
Canon 750D
qDslrDashboard v 3.5.3
Google Nexus 7

I am trying to get qDslrDashboard running on my Google Nexus 7.

I have managed to connect the camera to the Nexus 7, and can control the camera via the App. 
Live View works, and I can take a picture and view it.

My problems:
1. Following the instructions on https://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/ it says, "[size=small]Make sure, that you have RAW+JPG activated in the camera, use the smallest JPG-option you can get, to speed up the transfer of the previews" . I have set RAW + JPG, however the JPG is set at the highest there is. I cannot see how to set JPG at the lowest level AND select RAW + JPG. Is this possible on this camera.[/size]

[size=small]2.After selecting the LRT Button I get the ramping screen. I make sure "Display next JPG" is set (i.e. it is Red). (I have also tried setting it to white, I get the same result.)[/size]
[size=small]I'm not sure what to do next![/size]
[size=small]I have tried pressing "Capture sample". When I do this, the shutter is activated, but no image is displayed. The "Display next JPG" turns red.[/size]

[size=small]What am I doing wrong?[/size]
#2 Gunther
Check your camera manual how to set the smalles jpg size. This is not absolutely necessary, but will reduce the time that the image transfer takes.

Normally "Display next jpg" will just wait for the next photo from the camera (you can release the camera manually) and then display it. "Capture sample" will do the same but release the camera on it's own.
Locking the button "Display next..." will just make sure that every subsequent image will be displayed.
But if the images do not get displayed on your configuration, there might be some incompatibility with your camera that you should inform Zoltan, the author of. You can reach him via http://dslrdashboard.info
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jonshoreman
(2017-04-09, 10:08)gwegner Wrote: Check your camera manual how to set the smalles jpg size. This is not absolutely necessary, but will reduce the time that the image transfer takes.

Normally "Display next jpg" will just wait for the next photo from the camera (you can release the camera manually) and then display it. "Capture sample" will do the same but release the camera on it's own.
Locking the button "Display next..." will just make sure that every subsequent image will be displayed.
But if the images do not get displayed on your configuration, there might be some incompatibility with your camera that you should inform Zoltan, the author of. You can reach him via http://dslrdashboard.info

Once connected to the App I cannot release the camera manually. I can only take a picture via the App. 
I am able to take a picture, without problems. I can view the picture on the SD card.

You Wrote: Locking the button "Display next..." will just make sure that every subsequent image will be displayed.

Is it locked when it is Red or when it is White? (It isn't obvious which is which!)

Will contact Zoltan.
#4 Gunther
It's locked, when it's red (due to a long press).

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#5 jonshoreman
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong :-(
#6 Gunther
Not necessarily, I don't know if your camera is supported already.

sent mobile via tapatalk...

...also check out: