• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QDSLRDashboard HG

#1 paf6169
Hi, I´m attaching a short HG timelapse made with QDSLRDashboard, in which the interval was 15s and the maximum shutter speed was set to 13s. The last seconds the movement of the clouds get considerable and noticeable fast. I assume it has to do with the prolonged shutter speed at the end, which went very rapidly from a short shutter speed to 13s, whereas ISO and Aperture changed very little, ISO only went up to 500 (had the limit set at 6400). Guess next time would be to set the maximum shutter speed at much less so the other values change more, right? Thing is, if it would get darker, then a shorter shutter speed would not do it... it really bothers that the shutter speed makes such a significant change over such a short time instead of changing all 3 values equally...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
There is no attachement. But you should check the interval column in LRTimelapse - most likely your camera / intervalometer was not able to deal with the short dark time of 2 secs at the end and skipped frames. Then the interval would have doubled.
If you are not familiar with the concept of exposure time vs. dark time vs. interval I'd really recommend you to read my EBook where I explain all of this and a lot more in detail.
https://lrtimelapse.com/buy/ebook/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 paf6169
You are a genius Gunther, it didnt even occure to me to check the interval time... now that I´m checking I see a LOT strange things going on there... defenitely have to look into this! I uploaded a screenshot instead now...

BTW, I enjoyed your Bonaire videos a lot, I have been there close to 30 times the past 10 years, it´s very sad though that so many cruise ships visit it nowadays.

Thanks for your input, will get your e-book one of theses days!
#4 Gunther
It's obvious, that the camera skipped frames as soon as the exposure hit the 13 seconds. 2 Seconds dark time is not enough for your setup. You could try hacking your intervalometer for example, to get this going, or you limit the exposure to a lower value.
It's all explained in the EBook.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: