• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

qDslrDashboard - no picture display or capture in Lrtimelapse tab

#1 Dogphotog
I have a Canon 7D Mark II with the TP Link router and I'm using an iPad with qDslrDashboard for iOS. This setup has worked perfectly over the last 6 months. Now, when using the LRTimelapse tab in qDslrDashboard, I get no picture display or capture on the iPad when I hit the "Capture Sample" button. The "Display next JPG" button is on.

I'm wondering if iOS_10 has anything to do with it. Like I said, this setup used to work perfectly before I updated my iPad to iOS_10. 

Live view works and will capture a picture to the iPad. It just doesn't work when in the LRTimelapse tab. Consequently, since no pictures capture, there is no reference point for the "Auto Holy Grail" so that feature is greyed out.
#2 Gunther
Interesting, I've observed that on a Canon 6D recently to. Didn't think about iOS 10, but that might have broken it. Please contact Zoltan, the developer and report this issue! http://dslrdashboard.info
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Dogphotog
I have figured out the problem. I had my camera set to write raw files to the cf card (card 1) and small jpeg files to the sd card (card 2). But, the camera was set to read from card 1 (the raw file) so when it tried to read and then write the raw file to the iPad, it couldn't. That's why there was no picture when I pressed the "capture" button and no pictures were captured to the iPad.
#4 Gunther
Awesome, thanks for sharing your solution. I didn't think about that, since I always have the camera writing jpg and raw to the same card. The LRTimelapse importer makes it easy to get rid of the jpgs when importing!

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: