• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Random issue with D750

#1 Novelectro
Gunther, you shoot with a D750, correct?  I just randomly got this weird issue with mine and I'm wondering if you have any idea what's causing it.  I'm leaving on a backpacking trip tomorrow so I'm hoping I can figure this out before then.

I recently picked up a sigma 24mm Art and wanted to test it tonight using LRtimelapse but for some reason I couldn't get the shutter to fire using my intervalometer (vello shutterboss).  I can fire it from the normal button on the camera but not on the vello.  I thought maybe some weird thing with the lens, so I switched back to my other lens and the issue was still there.  So it appears that I just can't use my shutterboss for no reason (I've never had any issue with it).  When I push and hold the shutter button on the shutterboss I can see either r11 or r12 on the D750 which I believe pertains to buffering, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

I tried a soft reset on the D750 but no change.  Any idea what the problem might be?  Do you ever use the onboard intervalometer?  I've never tried it before, always assumed it didn't work very well.
#2 Gunther
Maybe the camera is trying to focus? Turn off the AF on the Camera and try triggering again. If this still doesn't work, I guess something with the intervalometer or cable is wrong. Make sure that the cable is inserted properly into the camera too.
The integrated intervalometer is not the best option, since it won't let you many freedoms to control the camera while shooting.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: