• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

random questions re DSLRDashboard

#1 DaveHi50
I have gotten past the installation issues on DSLRD and have been able to actually try some of the functions of the app. I have to say it is really impressive. This is way better than cam-ranger ( the app I had been using). I have some random questions regarding the function of the app.

Camera settings:
I had my camera ( Canon 7d) set to Raw only and large files. I found my camera freezing up no mater how much time I gave it to process. What setting for file size is recommended?
It seems that if only Raw files are saved it takes DSLRD a long time to process the files. I now have my camera set to jpeg- small and Raw- M….. is this the best way to set up? Even with these settings Im finding the camera freezing up. Any suggestions?

DSLRDashboard:
I have android 4.3 with the recommended CVS manager. Im finding glitchy behavior. For example- when I try to change the shutter speed there is sometimes no response. At other times the function works fine. Is this a software issue?
I also find the camera freezing up ( see above), even with the reduced file size and jpeg setting. I have to turn the camera off and restart it to get DSLRD to see it. Im using a 64x memory card - the fastest I could find, I don't think the memory card is the issue.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

...also check out: