• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holygrail assistant doesn't update

#1 Pedro2008
Hi Gunther and all

I've messed up a frame when shooting a sunset timelapse, that turned out completely blowout. I removed it from the sequence within LRTimelapse but after that, the holy grail assistant keeps adapting to it, despite it's not here anymore, so it messes up all my editing after this frame. I tried to restart from scratch with the sequence and the frame already deleted before initializing, there's not the huge jump in the blue curve anymore, but the assistant keeps memory of it in a way, and keeps adjusting it. I don't know if I'm very clear...

and when I finished my edits in Lightroom and reload to create the visual previews, those after the frame where the jump happened are completely wrong, because of job of the assistant, despite in Lightroom my edits are smooth in decreasing the light of the scene.

I put screenshots of my blue curve and holy grail assistant, my keyframes in lightroom so you can see there's no such jump in luminosity, and the pink curve where it's still happening

I hope you understand my issue. I'm not sure to have been very clear but I'm not English speaker...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Pedro2008
Maybe the "burned frame" and the resulting holygrail assistant curve is stored in the cache or so and there is a way to empty this cache to avoid this jump in the HG assistant ?
#3 Gunther
Normally there is no cache at all. Try removing the sequence from lightroom then in LRTimelapse right click on that folder and so "clear all LRTimelapse edits". This will give you a clean start.
Normally now after doing "Keyframes Wizard" and "HG Wizard" you should have a correct compensation.
If the problem persists, check the exif data for exposure / iso etc. in the table where that huge jumps occur. Send me a screenshot of that part of the table.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Pedro2008
it didn't change anything unfortunately. Here are the screenshots
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 Gunther
Metadata says there was a huge change from f/2.8 to f/22 - no wonder the HG-Wizard is creating that huge compensation.
In reality the blue curve doesn't show such an adjustment. I have no idea what happened there. Did you by chance remove or add an ND filter at that position? That would be the only explanation for me.

To fix you could try to select everything from where f/22 begins to the end of the sequence and tag this as f/2.8 - via Metadata / Define Aperture.

After that reapply KF-Wizard and HG-Wizard. The last part will still have the zig-zag, but you can usually correct that with some Deflicker passes.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 Pedro2008
You’re right. At that time I removed my ND filter. I closed the aperture to compensate the difference of light entering. It’s a huge difference effectively, but I thought the HG wizard based his thing on the luminance of the frame and not on the metadata. As the luminance between the frame at f2,8 and the one at f22 is minimal, I didn’t think there would be this jump

I understand now. I’m going to try to modify the aperture value as you said and I get back to you

Thank you very much
#7 Pedro2008
yep. It worked !!! thank you very much Gunther for your reactivity and your knowledge. By the way, I learnt that the HG wizard was not only based on luminance values of each frame but also on the metadata. I didn't know that !!

...also check out: