• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Re: Switching to Masks 2.0 pop-up

#1 CavGez
I have feedback regarding an unusual workflow.

TLDR: Suggestion to include an option on the popup: 'Switching to masks 2.0' to include 'Keep Gradients' rather than just 'OK-switch to Mask based corrections".

Steps to recreate:
Load up a set of .CR3 files to check time-lapse, and set some key frames.
Go-to import into Lightroom......
Oops, remember to convert CR3 files to DNG's, so my version of Lightroom can read them.
Remove CR3's from file structure, so just DNG's and sidecar files remain.
Refresh LRT, and pop-up occurs, switching to Masks 2.0. I do not need this, but the Gradients instead.

Realise this is not a workflow, but still might be useful.
Deleting the sidecar files prevents the pop-up
(Lightroom was not opened during this sequence, I have an old version)
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse will only ask that question, if the images have really been edited with Lightroom 11. In that case it wouldn't make any sense to switch back to "Masks 1.0".
So basically there are two scenarios only:
1.) You are working with Lightroom <= 10: Set Masks to 1.0 in the LRTimelapse settings, and you'll never get that query.
2.) You are working with Lightroom >= 11: Set Masks to 2.0 in the LRTimelapse settings and you'll also never get that query.

The query only pops up, if you are using a newer Lightroom and set LRTimelapse to the wrong masks version.

As of the latest Beta, you'll get a query upon first LRT launch, which Lightroom version you are using.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 CavGez
Thank you for your reply.

I am still having an issue with this. I do not have Lightroom 12, and when loading a sequence LRT shows the pop-up and automatically changes the mask version. I cannot revert it, as each time I load the sequence the version changes.

There is no option to modify the masks manually in the pop-up.

I do not know why it thinks I have Lightroom 12. I am using 2 different computers, and the pop up occurred when opening the sequence on another copy.
(original edit on M1 Mac with no Lightroom installed)
(Error occurs on Intel Mac with Lightroom 4 and LRT installed)
#4 Gunther
You can change the mask version in the lrtimelapse settings. After that reinitialiue the sequence.

If nothing helps, delete the xmp files from the timelapse folder. Make sure that the mask version is set correctly in the LRTimelapse Settings and start over.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: