• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove pictures if motion is greater than

#1 dafassi
Hi!
First, let me say THANK YOU for this amazing, and clever software.
I am very new to it and love the fantastic workflow <3 !

However, i have a feature request that comes with a project i am working on:
I'm doing a time lapse of growing strawberries. These are planted in a top hanging outside under a balcony.
Recording is in about 10 days and will result in around 15000 images.
Of course, because the pot is hanging, sometimes too much movement comes into play. For example because a strong wind is coming or because I have just poured water.
Most of the time, however, the pot hangs very still, or moves very minimally.
My idea: If I had a way to filter out photos in which objects move "more than" - then the result would be much nicer. "Stronger than" then refers to a movement speed - i.e. a noticeably intensive movement within a few frames in direct comparison.
You could mark one or more photos as "reference" and your program will look for strongly deviating images. Depending on a value that can be entered as an idea (threshold value).
A positive side effect might also be that photos with animals/insects could also be filtered out in this way.

Would something like this be feasible? And what do you all think of this idea?

Warm greetings from Germany!
#2 Gunther
It would be very difficult to detect "movement". But what you could do is to set a very small reference area to a leaf for example when it's in it's default position. Then you would get a different luminance when the leaf moves away and the background appears on that spot. This could make it possible to filter the images with movements (where the background is under the reference area rather than the leaf).
Check out my long term tutorial to learn how to work with those long term filters: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/advanced
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 dafassi
I will give that a try. Thank you anyway!
#4 c_joerg
Are the pictures with movement also blurred?
When I take pictures of a bridge, some are blurred. You can filter the JPG size. Blurred images have a smaller JPG size.

One can also subtract the images with a reference image and then form an average.

...also check out: