• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Render folder and movie folder

#1 KAZK
Hi Gunther,
I can't understand the preview of the rendered videos ; when you export a project, you can choose a folder, right ?
But you can't, as far as I know, choose another folder where videos would be stored. It always export them in the same folder.
The problem is, in my case, that these videos doen't appear when you right click on your project, and choose "play rendered videos" (or something like that, my LRT is in french).
I always have to copy/paste these videos in another folder, then right clic on my project, choose "affect default render project" to the location of my videos, then refresh the tree folders, and then see my videos in the menu...
It's bit tricky, that's why it would be more practical to choose in the parameters, the render folder and the videos folder separately.
Am I the only one to face this issue ?
#2 Gunther
Seems like the interface between LR and LRT might be broken then somehow, because normally the output path should be transmitted to LRTimelapse and stored into the sequence properties.
Due to the concept of LRTimelapse it's meaningful to have the exported videos in the same folder as the intermediary sequences. And I'd recommend to leave them there, then normally the link should work and you should be able to brwose them from LRT too.
But of course, you can always play them back from explorer/finder as in previous versions.

I'll see, if I can find the reason why sometimes the videos are not being linked. Are you on Windows or Mac?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 KAZK
I'm on windows 10 64. 
I've tried to reinstall LRT without result.
And I've just updated my Lightroom version, so even a fresh install of it doesn't seem to solve this issue.

I have a first folder, in which i import my pictures. It's called "Import LRT".
Then I do my workflow, and export my sequences with Lightroom in a second folder, named "Render LRT".
If I let videos here, they don't appears in right clic menu "play rendered videos", as I've said.
I have to assign a new direction to each of them to make it works.
So for now, they are in a folder named "Export LRT".

But what I don't really understand, it's how is working the default folder assignment, I'll try to make it clear : If I right clic on any folder on the tree in LRT, I can choose a line "Assign default render folder". Clicking on it open a windows asking me to apply this operations to sub-folders too. I already don't understand what means this command ? How can a default folder be assigned to sub-folders too ?
And then, after clicking yes, it asks me to choose the output folder for rendering files... Does it mean the one where videos should be placed ?
I find these successive messages really hard to understand, and in my case, it seems to have no effect at all : both in Lightroom and LRT, whan I want to create a new movie, or recreate an existing one, the folder for exporting task remains the same as before.

So I wonder if you can clarifiy these menus, so that we can clearly understand what each of them is meaning ? 

Sorry for that long text, it's hard to describe this kind of problem clearly with a few words Wink

Laurent
#4 Gunther
Prerequisites: "Import LRT" should be a folder with only child folders for the original time lapse sequences.

The intended way it normally works is: when you export from Lightroom via LRTExport, LRTimelapse takes over and render, it will write a link to the rendered video into the sequence-properties of the original folder in Import LRT.
This will then show the small play indicator next to the original folder and have the videos in "Render LRT" linked to the original sequences.
When loading an original Sequence, LRT will check, if those videos are still on their locations, and if not, remove the link.

You can reestiblish those links via "Assign render folder" from the context menu.
Since you will usually have multiple timelapses in "Import LRT", you can assign the same render folder to multiple original folders. That's why you can also click on the parent folder of "Import LRT" in order to set the same Render folder "Render LRT" to all of the siblings of "Import LRT".

If this is not working for you, that means after you did the export/render you don't get the linked video on the original folder, we'd have to try to figure out why this is not happening. I will add some additional debug information regarding this to the log in the next version. Contact me via email (support at lrtimelapse dot com), if the problems persist, then I can send you a beta.
#5 KAZK
Thank you so much for your help.
As you suggest, and following your explanations, I've grouped my exported sequences and my videos in the same "LRT Renders" folder.
I've cut and pasted the videos in it, deleted the old folders where they were, and then I have :

- right-clicked on the "Import LRT" in LRTimelapse
- chosen "Assign Default Render Folder" in the menu
- chosen "Yes" when prompted to batch the operation to sub-folders
- Clicked on "Render LRT" and "OK" in the window asking for output folder for rendered files

Now the already exported videos are visible in the contextual menu, but the new one I've jut made after that, is not.
As you said, it seems that LRT doesn't do the link with the export folder by itself.

EDIT

Moreover, I just found out that when assigning the "Render LRT" as folder where videos are located, for my last timelapse, LRT shows me only the preview video I've made, and not the VHQ one which is just near by however.

EDIT 2

I've found the cause of the problem, I think.
If my folder is named, let's say, "20180212_Timelapse Paris Louvre", when exporting a preview file, it will be named "20180212_Timelapse Paris Louvre_preview_visual.mp4", which is matching the original name.
But the VHQ movie will be named "20180212_Timelapse_Paris_Louvre_ProRes-422_OriRes_29.97_VHQ++.mov", where originals spaces in the name are replaced by underscores. So the original folder, and the rendered movie have different names.

If I rename the video, or the original folder to make them corresponding, and then reassign the default render folder, then it works.
#6 Gunther
Okay - I see. Will make the matching more error proof by ignoring the underscore in the next update.
#7 KAZK
My issue was not solved by the last version (5.03) of LRT, fortunately Gunther sent me a beta version which is just fine, as far as I know ; I haven't done many tests yet, but everything seems to be OK, videos are automatically linked when rendered.
Thanks a lot to Gunther for is fast and efficient answer, and for his excellent software !

...also check out: