• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual previews not generating 16:9 crop and another weird issue

#1 AlistairC
Hello,

I have just installed LRTimelapse 5. I'm working on a PC with Lightroom Classic CC.

RAW files are from a Nikon D810.

I have applied the 16:9 crop in Lightroom, but when I save the metadata and go back in to LRTimelapse to generate the visual previews it's not applying the crop.

Also, the other changes seem to take effect but the visual preview went completely weird and started to tilt the timelapse as it played (difficult to explain). I can try and take a video of that if possible. But for now I wonder what your thoughts are?

Here's an image of the screen after I've loaded the visual preview. As you can see there is no 16:9 "box" over the image

https://image.ibb.co/hCpXD7/example_1.jpg

Here's my Lightroom screen, with the 16:9 image:

https://image.ibb.co/hFPw6S/exmaple_2.jpg

Note: I have used previous versions of LRTimelapse without any issue. Something about LRTimelapse 5 doesn't want to play ball. I only upgraded to LRTimelapse 5 today (private licensed version)
#2 AlistairC
Update: I have updated Adobe DNG Converter and Java and it seems to be working as it should now! I think it may have been a Java issue but can't be sure.
#3 Gunther
This sounds like you set the crop on some keyframes only. Always make sure to set the crop to all keyframes, preferably set when you edit the first keyframe then sync it to all others. Especially when having one keyframe with 16:9 crop and another without, you'll get all type of nasty effects.
You can fix this in LRTimelapse also: check, if the crop columns in the table are visible after applying the auto transition. If so, that's an indicator that they have different crops applied. You can then right click on the header of one of those columns and select "Fill down". This will equilize the values to those of the first keyframe. The crop columns should disappear then.
Now save and activate the Visual Previews again.

Additional Note: no need to have Java installed for LRTimelapse anymore. If you don't need it for other software, just uninstall it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: