• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Render Preview Video

#1 arbiel
Hello. I am posting this in questions and not bugs because I'm not fully convinced the issue isn't caused by my computers yet.

When working with lapses shot in vertical orientation, the preview in the upper left of the interface displays the vertical orientation of the frames correctly. However, when I click RENDER PREVIEW VIDEO, the resulting .MP4 file is distorted. Specifically, the video dimensions are vertical (676x966 px), but the contents are rotated and "squished to fit". Please see the included images - it's easy to understand what's happening from the screenshots, but difficult to describe precisely without ambiguity in text.

I experience this issue with both rendering previews of unedited sequence (blue button) and sequences after visual previews are generated (pink button).

I read in an older forum post to try unchecking the "Forced Aspect Ratio" checkbox in the Render Video dialogue if having orientation issues. I have done this, even though my problem is with the Render PREVIEW Video function.

At first I thought it may have something to do with my video player or the implementation of the encoding codecs on my computer, but it only happens with LRTimelapse preview video files, and it persists after I test-installed LRTimelapse on a newer computer.

I've noticed this issue for a while (years?), so this is not be an issue with the latest update. It's never been more than a small annoyance in my workflow until I want to share progress of a lapse I am working on by sending the preview video.

I am using LRTimelapse version 6.5.5. My lapses are composed of Sony .ARW files.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I'll need to check this, will let you know.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: