• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 gavin hellier
How does the quality of a ProRes render via LRTimelapse exporter compare with exporting RAW files into After Effects and rendering into ProRes? I am not sure exactly what the LRTimelapse exporter is doing. What method is recommended to give the highest possible final quality? Thanks :)
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse Exporter exports Prores, even on PC. ;-)
Quality is pretty awesome and the workflow is much more streamlined.
I don't use After Effects anymore for rendering my professional stuff. Just give it a try!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 fabians.ch
May I ask at what settings LRT exports the temporary JPEGs that are used to render the video files? I've run some tests, exporting outta LR manually at full-res and 100% quality in AdobeRGB results in almost 80% larger file size for my test of 86 photos.
You exporting with 70% or something? Or where is the difference? Thanks
#4 Gunther
The JPG quality is 100% in 4096 x YYYY pixels.
#5 fabians.ch
(2013-12-10, 15:51)gwegner Wrote: The JPG quality is 100% in 4096 x YYYY pixels.

Thanks, I was being a little stupid here. I was comparing to full-res 5472x3648 exports instead of 4096x2304 exports. So everything clear now, great plugin!
#6 laffer
May I can append to this thread?

Also the LightRoom Plugin of LRTimelaps v3.4 export all images per default with a resolution of 4096px × xxxx into the render folder.

I've a bunch of low-resolution images with max 960px x 720px. (~30k Images from a Webcam archive)
In this case it make's no sense to upscale it to 4096px and backwards to 720p Smile

Is it possible to create a Low Resolution export template?

I created a LRTimelapse-Low.lrtemplate export template and added "size_maxHeight = 500" - but it the plugin doesn't care about Smile

Thank you for any advice
#7 Gunther
You can just create a normal lightroom export template. Just make sure to set the naming exactly like LRTExport does (LRT_00001.jpg....) and the directory to begin with LRT_ as well.

You will then have to provide this intermediary sequence manually to the LRTimelapse renderer, but it's a working solution after all.

...also check out: