• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is mac 10.11 el capitan outdated for Lrtimelapse ?

#1 xploretv1
Hello M8 this is not a complaint its a cry for help, before i continue there is nothing wrong with Lrtimelapse i love it, i just cant work out why its stopped working on my computer, last year discovered photography and Lrtimelapse quickly became aware to me, i down loaded the free version which was lrtime lapse 5 and started playing with it, a amazing tool to use, i recently opened up Lr time lapse and says" this Lrtimelapse has expired to the public" i updated to a new version which was the same version i was using how ever now its asking me for licence key, i have looked in the forums and tried everything uninstalling, emptying the trash bin, changing the clock gone to terminal most things that i could find related, my com is mac 10.11 el capitan using Lr 2017 was working before hand dont know whats happend or how to fix, main concern is if i update to private version would that also not work on my computer as maybe my com is out dated any help with this matter would be most grafefull. Hope you can help me or advise me on this matter kind regards.
#2 MMeier
Hi
See here the minimum system requirements for macOS: https://lrtimelapse.com/install/ It‘s at least 10.13 to have LRT running.
Best regards
#3 xploretv1
Hi
I'm not 100% sure but i thought that specification
on the link is for the newer updated Lrtimelapse 5.6
for older models 5.4 is still showing up in Lr time lapse free down loads, thing thats got me puzzled was working a few months ago.
Looks like im goin to have to save for a new com and stick with aperture priority mode for the time being, thanks
#4 Gunther
5.4 might work with older MacOS version, but is not officially supported anymore. Also for all older versions, you'd need a license key. This has always been like that. If you own a license key, you are able use older versions which are not officially supported anymore (even if that's not recommended).
However, if you are using the free version without a license key, you need to use the latest version which in your case requires at least MacOS 10.13.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 xploretv1
Hi m8
i was using the free 400 photo version previously, what version key would you recommend for 10.11, i think it would be a cheaper option than buying a new computer.
#6 Gunther
The private license that you can get on https://LRTimelapse.com/shop is sufficient.
#7 xploretv1
Sorry for all the questions i just want to make sure before i commit is the Lrtimelapse 5 license for 10.13 or 10.11
#8 Gunther
The latest version of LRTimelapse 5.6 will require MacOS 10.13. If you want to use an older version of LRTimelapse (5.4) which might work with MacOS 10.11, you'd also need that license, but it's not officially supported.
#9 xploretv1
Thank you for getting back to me and your help and patience just a little bit nervy on it might work part, but i know that's my decision, kind regards.

...also check out: