• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Render Video in LRT (and use motion blur options) from LR-generated JPEGs?

#1 luxviz
There are many cases for me where the main thing I want to use LRTimelapse for is the “motion blur” capability in generating a final video.

As an example, I have many timelapse sequences which do not have any noticeable changes in brightness or in any of my Lightroom settings. But, there are people moving in the timelapse which I would like to blur out. (I’m also not wanting anything more than simple HD output.)

Is there an easy way to import Lightroom-generated (relatively small) JPEGs into LRT and then to render a video with one of the motion blur options in the Pro version?

Currently, if I select my "regular" LR-exported JPEGs - not exported using the LRT plugin - and if I then bring up the Render Video dialog, the "Render Video" button is disabled. 

(PLEASE NOTE: I do NOT want to use the LRT export plugin because there is no option for generating low-res HD JPEGs, only 4k.)

[size=small][font=Helvetica Neue][Image: https://www.luxviz.com/images/lrt.png][/font][/size]
#2 Gunther
Currently there is no direct way to render a jpg sequence.
But you could try a workaround, if you don't want to edit: just rename the files in the sequence, so that they are named "LRT_00001.jpg", "LRT_00002.jpg" etc. This is easy with bridge and should be possible with Lightroom too. There are other renaming tools that you could use too. Then make sure to rename the folder, such that its name begins with LRT_
Now you should be able to use that JPG sequence as intermediary sequence and render straight away from the LRT render dialog.

The other thing that you mentioned: from the Export Dialog in Lightroom, you could chose the template LRT JPG (Original) for small jpgs, this won't resize them to 4K but leave them in original size. Exporting small unedited jpgs might be faster then the renaming option outlined above.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 luxviz
Hi Gunther - great, thanks for the FAST answer - also, thanks for the explanation for "ori" in the export type for JPEG - wasn't sure what that abbreviation was
#4 luxviz
(2017-05-15, 11:10)gwegner Wrote: Currently there is no direct way to render a jpg sequence.
But you could try a workaround, if you don't want to edit: just rename the files in the sequence, so that they are named "LRT_00001.jpg", "LRT_00002.jpg" etc. This is easy with bridge and should be possible with Lightroom too. There are other renaming tools that you could use too. Then make sure to rename the folder, such that its name begins with LRT_
Now you should be able to use that JPG sequence as intermediary sequence and render straight away from the LRT render dialog.

The other thing that you mentioned: from the Export Dialog in Lightroom, you could chose the template LRT JPG (Original) for small jpgs, this won't resize them to 4K but leave them in original size. Exporting small unedited jpgs might be faster then the renaming option outlined above.

Hi again Gunther - I tried your suggestion for making sure the folder name and filenames started with "LRT_" - however, I would like to add a couple of more specific details for anyone else trying to render LR-generated JPEGs/TIFFs.

1) Create your export folder and specifically use the prefix "LRT_" for the folder name
2) Export the images from LR in your desired format (JPEG/TIFF) and size to that new folder
3) Use a file renaming tool to rename the exported images as follows:
    - prefix has to be "LRT_"
    - after the prefix, the files should be a numerical sequence of 5 digits, and must begin with "00001"
    - suffix will be the normal .jpg or .tif

(When I tested this process this morning, I was trying to select the files using the render dialog on a JPEG sequence that started with the first image being "LRT_46.jpg" - and that did not work until I renamed my sequence starting from 1 and padding the numbers to make 5 total digits.)

Hope this helps someone else....

...also check out: