• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rendered video issue

#1 pcalvin
I have just redone a sequence with LT4 that was done last summer in LT3. When I went to export in Lightroom CC, it automatically chose LRT4 as the executable, but the export button was grayed out. I then reselected LRT 4 in the applcations folder and LRT 3 was shown in the dialog box, but the export button was now available. I checked in the Finder and it definitely is LRT4 Pro which over wrote the older app. (Mac running 10.10.3)

Lightroom exported the files, LRT rendered to ProRes 422 and then to h.264. The result is less saturated and flatter than what I see in LRT 4 and Lightroom CC. It is somehing I can fix in Final Cut X, but the presious version of LRT seemed to rendered video closer to the Lightroom preview. Maybe I am asking too much. Any Suggestions?

Examples can be seen here: http://petercalvin.photoshelter.com/gall...ej_jZTZrxg

BTW, LRT4 did a much better job deflickering that LRT3. I had to go to Flicker Free to get it all out. Big improvement. Also, the Holy Grail auto transitions worked much better. I didn't have to do any more that use the script on the keyframes.

Thanks,

Peter

#2 Gunther
Please make sure to check, that you have the latest version installed (currently 4.0.3). To be on the safe side, run the unsinstall script from the LRtimelapse package once, then install again. Normally there should be no color issues.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 pcalvin
Thanks for the advice. After the reinstall, I re-exported the sequence as 8bit tifs and the result was a good match for color and saturation.

Adding timelapse sequnces to a video has, even with LRT, a time consuming adventure in post. My first impression of LRT4 is that the post-production pain level just got reduced. Thanks.

...also check out: