• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rendered videos unplayable

#1 irvind
Hi,

LRTimelapse 4.7.5
OS 10.9.5

Rendered videos won't play back.
In Finder, the little video icon next to the filename doesn't appear.

I've successfully rendered many videos in the past, but I keep updating LRTimelapse to the latest version in case that's the issue.

As far as I can see, no other settings have changed.

Irvin
#2 irvind
Quick update:

Having tried lots of different settings in LRTimelapse, the highest quality I can play after rendering is 1080 UHQ.
3k LQ and above won't play back.
#3 Gunther
That's a very old Mac OS that you are using.
I assume, that it cannot deal with the wide gamut color range that I've recently introduced.

With LRTimelapse 4.7.5 now you can still use the old sRGB workflow, in Lightroom make sure to export with "Force sRGB" checked in the advanced options of the LRTExport plugin, when rendering the video, make sure that the Color gamut is set to "Standard" (normally it should detect automatically, if you rendered in sRGB and set the gamut to standard).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 irvind
Thanks Gunther,

Setting the colour gamut to Standard has fixed the issue.

Yes, I'm a musician and I prefer Logic 9 to Logic X so staying on 10.9.5 makes sense to me.

This 2011 MBP has never been happy playing 4k stuff anyway so I'll stick to 1080 till I upgrade the machine.

On another note, the bell sound which announces a rendered video has a pop at the end of it, would be really great if that was edited. ;-)
#5 irvind
Just FYI, the Gamut setting keeps resetting to Wide here in the Render window.
I have to keep manually setting it to Standard.
#6 Gunther
It will reset to wide as long as you are feeding sequences in Adobe RGB. If you want to avoid that, with the sRGB setting from LRTExport.

Since you are a musician, feel free to send me a nice "Ding" sound that I can use instead :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 irvind
Got that thanks, the changed setting in Lightroom works great, thanks very much.

I've made an ident for you but can't attach it here...

...also check out: