• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rendering Default

#1 PinyonRidge
For various reasons, we do not always immediately render the file sequences exported from Lightroom, or we need to come back and render them again. Once a sequence has been exported from Lightroom, and the folder where the exported sequence is and output should go has been chosen when clicking 'Export & Render', the Export & Render dialog box should default to this already existing exported sequence — the "Render Pre-Exported Intermediary Sequence" should be what is selected by default. If you forget to select it, then the already exported sequence gets deleted and the files are needlessly re-rendered.
#2 Gunther
Hmm, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but I think there might be a misunderstanding.
If you export your sequence from Lightroom you usually wouldn't use the "Export and Render" Button in LRT.

The Render Dialog in LRT has two modes, which can be toggled via the Radio Buttons on the top:

1) "Export & Render Current Sequence": This is the mode that will be activated if you click on the "Export and Render" Button at the end of the Workflow. This will export the currently loaded sequence in the Main window, generate the intermediary sequence from and then do the render process. This doesn't involve Lightroom!

2) Render Pre-Exported Intermediary Sequence: This is the mode that should be used when you already have an intermediary sequence (i.e. exported from Lightroom). This mode will automatically be selected, if you choose "Render Video" from the File menu and this mode will also be automatically selected when Lightroom hands over an Export for rendering to LRT.

The 2nd mode is the one that you should be using, if you want to render or rerender a sequence that you exported from Lightroom. In this mode the last selected intermediary sequence will remain selected. Here you also can multi-select different sequences to render them in batch.

I hope I could make the concept of the render dialog a bit more clear.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 PinyonRidge
I understand the toggles at the top. Usually, I will export from Lightroom in batches (say overnight) and come back to render later; or I often come back to rerender a sequence at a different resolution or speed, etc.

When I click the "Export and Render" button, it asks for the 'Output Folder' where I select the actual exported sequence folder. When I am doing so, I believe it should default to "Render Pre-Exported Intermediary Sequence" since it obviously knows that it is there.
#4 Gunther
"Export and Render" is NOT what you would like to do in that situation. You would just like to "Render". So please, use the Menu File/Render Video or the shortcut Shift-Ctrl/Cmd-R instead.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 PinyonRidge
Ah, yes. Thanks.

...also check out: