• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rendering TIFF sequence, private license

#1 nik.oli
Hi there, I'm working with LRTimelaps 4.0.4 on my PC - a lot of fun as the program is really awesome. Many thanks for all the helpful information, guidelines & tutorials on LRTimelaps sites. My compliments! Please allow me to remark:

With my private license I can export a sequence from Lightroom 5.7 in TIFF files (8bit/16bit). So I've exported 950 pics in TIFF, 8bit, during the night. The next morning, I wanted to render the sequence in LRTimelaps with 4K-resoultion. Unfortunately, computer said no and the following message showed up:

TIFF Zwischensequenzen ermöglichen die unkomprimierte 16-Bit Übertragung von Lr zu LRTimelaps. Diese Funktion erfordert eine LRTimelapse Pro Lizenz.

It's confusing & also a bit frustrating because on the one hand I can export TIFF from Lightroom but on the other I can't continue rendering in LRTimelaps. What else should I do with my rendered TIFF sequence than proceeding in LRTimelaps? So I have to upgrade or export in JPEG again. It would have been great to got this information before starting a 5-hour-rendering-process. Wink

Best regards,

Oli aus der Schweiz.
#2 Gunther
Hi Oli,
that's why in Lightroom the Tiff-Presets for LRTExport are marked with "LRT Pro" - they require the Pro version for rendering. Since the installer for Pro and Private are the same and I can only check the license key in LRTimelapse, not in Lightroom, the Export into tiff is not blocked in Lightroom.
I'm sorry that you wasted time exporting them.

BTW: if you crossgrade to Pro now, you will still be able to use that tiff sequence for rendering ;-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 nik.oli
Many thanks for your prompt answer, Gunther. Of course, I've failed to notice the addition of the word "Pro" in the export dialog. But now I've seen the Upgrade Motivator and it really motivates me to upgrade. Wink Have a nice weekend.

Best regards, Oli

...also check out: