• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rendering visible Timestamp

#1 Bruno_E
Hello Forum
Is there a way to render a visible timestamp within the lrtimlapse export in lightroom?
Thanks for your help. Bruno_E
#2 Gunther
No, currently not. I'll move this to the feature request board.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Bruno_E
Thanks Gunther for your fast reply,

feature request is actually a good thing and I really appreciate your effort but I placed my question in the general forum on purpose, hoping that somone might have an idea for a third party workaround if the feature does not exist lrtimelapse yet.

Is it possible to doublepost the question in both forums (general and feature request)?

According to the LR-Forum there's a feature request hanging since more than 3 years and nobody at Adobe seems to care:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop...tadata_etc

There's a solution (obviously powefull but rather complicated) with some third party software. This might be an inspiration for your implementation:
http://www.nicknoltewx.com/blog/2012/02/...formation/

Unfortunately this works in the standard LR export only, since the watermark option is missing in the  lrtimelapse export options.

I would greatly appreciate your oppinion on this matter

Thanks again
Bruno
#4 Gunther
Hi Bruno, I don't think it's a good idea to hardcode that information into the intermediary files that Lightroom exports. That way, if you would like a "clean" video, you'd have to export again. I'd rather think about adding an option when rendering, similar to the branding watermark that you can set in the render post processing options in LRT Pro.
#5 Gunther
I've done some researches. It's not easy or straight forward, but I think I've found a concept, that I could use to bring the original time stamps from the images into the final video by implementing another post processing filter. This would leave the intermediary sequences alone and allow to add those time stamps to the render if needed.
It's not a minor thing, so it will take some time to be implemented. But I guess, it would be a nice feature and I will work on it.
#6 Bruno_E
Hello Gunther, I know it's not the best way to hardcode these informations into the intermedia files but as far as I konw it's the only way so far to get the timestamp into the video.
I had to render almost 15000 intermedia-jpgs (~18 hours) in LR/Mogrify 2 and the re-render the video in LRTimelapse.
So it would be a good thing to have an easier workflow. Thanks for your work.
Bruno

...also check out: