• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Resetting editing in LR

#1 tonalkep
I have edited still shots in LR from a TLapse and exported to the origanl folder. These edits are part of the TL sequence. If i now want to import them to LRTIMELAPSE (difficult to explain) I have a few edited images in the TL  folder is there a way to reset the edits before importing them to LRTIMELAPSE? Of course I realise now i should have exported the edits to another folder but is there any way to reslove it now.? Maybe i can delete the edits from the folder in the computer.
#2 Gunther
Which type are those edits? Pixel Based (on JPG files for example) or Metadata-Based (RAW file edits in XMP files).
I'm not sure what you want to do.
LRTimelapse works metadata based only. Of course you cannot remove edits that you did pixel based to images (edits that are IN the images).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tonalkep
They are jpeg files. They have not been loaded into LRTIMELAPSE yet. In the folder on the computer the edited file seems to be acopy the original and the edited both have same number. I assume i can delete the edited copy but must delete from hard drive before importing the sequence to LRTIMELAPSE.?
Another question is at what stage is it best to edit a still from a TL sequence. ?
#4 Gunther
No, you can just work on the original folder in LRTimelapse. LRTimelapse will not modify your original files.
If you want to edit a still, best would be in Lightroom after finishing the whole process, right before Exporting via LRTExport.
#5 tonalkep
thanks. I am wondering tho about the fact that the TL folder is already in lightroom +a few edited frames. The edits went back into the folder that i want to eventually import to LRTIMELAPSE. Will this not be in conflict with LRTIMELAPSE?.............meaning that in LIGHTROOM there is already the TL folder including the edited frames i made to share.
#6 Gunther
If you would like to start over and follow my instructions http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow then you could just remove the folder from the lightroom catalog (this won't remove it from the disc).
#7 tonalkep
ok thanks a lot!

...also check out: