• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Retaining RAW-quality when exporting After Effects - PremierePro

#1 honeybadger
Hi,
New to the forum.
I am working on a hyperlapse/timelapse project in Oslo with the following workflow:
1. Lightroom
2. LRTimelapse
3. I then import images into AfterEffects as RAW-sequence -> stabilization and further processing with 16bpc.
4. This is where my question arises;
Do you have any recommendation for how I should render the sequence to store it on my PC, before later importing it into PremierePro for editing and composing the entire hyperlapse movie.

I am interested in utilizing a render setting which can retain as much of the RAW-quality as possible when going from AE to Premiere Pro (when working on a computer).

So far I have tried Quicktime PNG, as well as rendering as a TIFF-sequence. Preferably I would like the sequence to be rendered into one single file when leaving AE, but I am not certain which setting is the best when it comes to quality. Any suggetions?

Btw. Please explain in as "non-technical" terms as possibleSmile

Regards,
Kristian
#2 Gunther
I use the cineform codec for that most of the time, it has a good relation between quality and size!
Otherwise you can export uncompressed AVI as well, but that will give you huge files.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 honeybadger
Thanks alot for the quick response, Günther.
I will definitely check out the cineform codec.

Again, thanks for sharing your advice, as well as your amazing software and tutorials.

/Kristian
#4 honeybadger
Tested.
Works swell. Very good and efficient codec!
/k

...also check out: