• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Retina display support for LRTimelapse

#1 eric
I got a new MacBook Pro with a Retina display for time lapse work. It would be nice if LRTimelapse was updated to support the Retina display.
#2 Gunther
Retina Displays on Mac are already supported. Windows High Res Displays will be supported in the next version.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 IMPie
(2012-11-19, 19:56)eric Wrote: I got a new MacBook Pro with a Retina display for time lapse work. It would be nice if LRTimelapse was updated to support the Retina display.

Hello, I think this might help for all the Retina users. It's not the best solution, but it works fine for me.
In order to get full resolution support, do the following:

1. Find the LRTimelapse application, ctrl-click on it and select "show package content".
2. Browse in the application content to /contents/ and open the file named Info.plist using TextEdit.
3. In the Info.plist file, find the following two lines:
Code:
<string>3.2.1</string>
     <key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
4. Insert the following two lines in between the lines in step 3:
Code:
<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
     <true/>
5. Save the Info.plist file.
6. Open Terminal (Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app) and type (or paste) the following:
Code:
touch /Applications/LRTimelapse\ 3.app
7. In case you had LRTimelapse open, quit it and open it again. It should now be sharp.

Note that all the icons are still in low res as the actual image files need to be updated to a higher resolution, but all text and lines should be crisp like you want it with the new Retina Display. I am running Mavericks and this works fine, not sure about older OSs, but I think it should work as well.

See attachment for a hi-res screenshot! (full size available here)

Btw, this software is amazing! Still struggling with the Holy Grail though...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
Hi IMPie,
thanks for the tip!
Do you think adding this as default would make sense? I don't have a Retina Mac for testing here and as I don't see a difference, there is obviously a fallback, isn't it?
Best
Gunther
#5 IMPie
Hi Gunther,
Honestly I don't really know this kind of coding, I just copied this solution from Adobe forums (I had the same issue with Adobe Acrobat XI), except the string was already there and I just needed to change it from <false/> to <true/>.

I am not experiencing any fallback, except the fact that LRTL3 crashes when I run it at the same time as Flexiglass, but that happens with or without this added string.

Pietro
#6 Gunther
With "Fallback" I meant that it works on a non-retina-display regardless if the setting is activated or not.

Maybe someone else with a Mac could confirm our observations, thank you!
#7 scott@on-sight.com
> "Maybe someone else with a Mac could confirm our observations, thank you!"

1) Java for Mac has supported Retina / HiDPI displays for a while now. My other java apps take full advantage of it and the results are fantastic.

2) OMG - this workaround works perfectly! Wow, what an improvement! Thanks so much Pietro.

3) Gunther if you could update the icons and button with HD resolution that would complete the process. Personally I'd love to see buttons that take up less vertical space so the the file viewing area can be maximized. :-]
Scott Martin
www.martinphoto.com

...also check out: