• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RW2 Relative White Balance

#1 thewoj
Hey there, haven't seen this before. I shot a lapse with a Panasonic G5 in RAW (RW2), and the files are showing as relative white balance in LRTimelapse 4.3, but preset white balance (as it should be) in Lightroom 6. I had initially chosen a holy grail sequence, but after re-initilizing and clearing meta-data a few times trying to fix this I am using the basic workflow. I saw an old thread about this issue in regards to DNG's from Tiff files, but these are out of camera raw files (though the XMP's do mention TIFF). I also tried initializing the columns, but that didn't do anything.

LRTimelapse is working just fine with the ARW files from my A33 and A7's from the same evening. Unfortunately I do not have another RW2 sequence to test.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Greg
#2 thewoj
I went back and looked at a previous lapse I did with this camera, and the xmp files look a bit different. I am posting the new XMP and the old XMP. Both were done in 4.3 according to the XMP.

.zip   XMP.zip (Size: 7.96 KB / Downloads: 0)
#3 thewoj
Looking further, it appears that none of my G5 time lapses have a WB Temp or WB Tint column, like my ARW lapses do. One only has the WB Preset column, and another has the WB Preset as well as the relative columns.
#4 Gunther
Could you try to delete all metadata (metadata -> clear md) then try again? I find this odd, since relative WB should normally only be applied to JPGs or Flat DNGs. Try pressing "Initialize" too on the tools toolbar. Does the table still show the relative columns instead of the regular ones?
If so, can you please send me one of those files via dropbox or wetransfer to support@lrtimelapse.com ?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 thewoj
I was actually just playing with that. I moved all the XMP's to a new folder and it is now giving me the regular WB. I really don't want to redo the keyframes for a fourth time, but it seems like I'm going to have to.

I was trying to Holy Grail it, but the Holy Grail as well as the deflicker were still giving me large steps in exposure so I have been correcting exposure manually across about 20 exposure changes.
#6 thewoj
So, I believe I was able to reproduce this error. Essentially, I deleted all the XMP files, recreated the sequence as a holy grail (because I am stubborn). When the holy grail didn't work correctly I went back and turned all the holy grail keyframes into standard keyframes by pressing 4. Now that they are all standard keyframes, the color temperature is relative again.
#7 thewoj
Opened my mouth too soon. I deleted all the XMP files, created 7 brand new keyframes with the wizard, modified them in LR, brought them back into LRT and transitioned and deflickered them, then ran them through the Visual Preview to see how the deflicker worked. The deflicker is pumping out non-white-balanced and the white balance is back to relative (was regular when files brought in). I am going to upload 24 frames in a bit if someone else wants to confirm.
#8 thewoj
Cool, caught it. I moved 24 frames to a new folder and imported into LRT. Showed WB 5850 tint 8. Brought into LR and changed up the WB as a test. Saved the files and reloaded into LRT. WB changed to relative at that point. Will post RW2s shortly.
#9 thewoj
Here is the directory I mentioned in my last post:

http://gregwojdak.com/RW2/G5_Test.zip
#10 thewoj
Just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone had a chance to try out these files on a different system? 

Should I submit this as a bug report? Seems kind of redundant as I know Gunther watches these forums like a hawk (thank you for your excellent customer service!).

...also check out: