• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Saving keyframe metadata in Lightroom takes a long time

#1 Sheeba
Hello Gunther, hello people,
I switched to Lightroom Classic CC some time ago. If I now save the metadata after editing the LRT keyframes, it will take several minutes !! The metadata of all images may be saved. When I do the keyframes a second time, saving the metadata takes just a moment. Does anyone have the same problem and maybe a solution?
#2 Gunther
To clarify: several minutes for just a hand full of keyframes? Normally after editing the keyframes you still have the filter for the LRT5 Keyframes activated and should only save the metadata for those keyframed (Grid-View, Save Metadata to Files).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Sheeba
Hello Gunther,
4 minutes and more !! And that was a measured time!
I have the filter for LRT keyframes active and save only the meta data of the filtered images.
If I edit the keyframes again after saving the metadata and then save the metadata again, it goes with the usual speed!
I've tried the following: Importing a TL sequence from LRT to LR without first generating keyframes. Then 4 images are given 5 stars, filtered with LRT5 keyframes, edited and saved the meta data of these images. -> same problem !!
Then I imported several (about 200) images from a directory directly into LR and then again 4 images 5 stars, filtered with LRT5 keyframes, edited and then had no problems to save the metadata of the "keyframes"!
No idea what LR has a problem with here !!
#4 Gunther
Lightroom sometimes does strange things. But 4 minutes to save the metadata of 4 images? Of course "unedited" images in Lightroom doesn't have much metadata to save, while preinitialized images from LRT have the whole bunch of Lightroom Tools preinitialized. But still, those are 12kb files. Of course, if you are working with DNG, Lightroom will always write the whole image file.
Another thing to consider: you might have something on your system blocking access to the files, like Virusscanners, Backup tasks etc. - just check.
Sometimes clearing the Lightroom preferences completely (google on how to do that) helps with different issues.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: