• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Glass on LCD subject to breaking easily

#1 Radius360
Hi Gunther.

Love the LRTimelapse Pro 3. It has just what you need in a great small package and is reliable and easy to use in the field. Great product!

However, I've had the glass on the LCD screen break from being in my camera bag, with small sharp pieces of glass inside the unit and in my bag as a result. It appears to have happened with no other damage to the unit, or any pressure from other items in the bag. Could you consider using either stronger glass or replace with thick plastic instead to prevent breakage?

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
Hi, sorry to hear about that. That glass we use is a special, very durable (and rather expensive) optical precision glass, which is rather hard to break, but of course not impossible.
As with every camera gear, I really recommend to handle the device with care and maybe wrap it somehow to protect it and not just throw it into the camera bag.
We had experimented with Plastic and other materials, but that scratched way too easily, therefore it's not an option. The display would look ugly after short time if we used another material than glass.

Please send me an email with your postal address, then we can figure out how to get a new glass shipped to you.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: