• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sea Breeze - A weather Time-Lapse Film 4K

#1 jackmtaco
So this is my first time-lapse film I shot through the summer here in Florida. Took 149K photos but used less than half for the final film. Please feel free to leave feedback as I'm always wanting to learn and further my time-lapses

[Video: https://vimeo.com/181314337]
#2 keksi
hi jackmtaco, 

Thats a very refreshing video, a lot more interesting than most we ever get to see here. There is great cloud action in your place and you did well capturing exactly that! Congratulation!

Beside that, as you were asking for it, i have some criticism too: as your place is flat you pointed your(wide angle)  lens upwards, which is fine and i would to the same, but in some of the scenes for physical reasons trees and buildings appear extensively bending to the middle, which can look quite disturbing imho. 

To minimize that effect
-point the lens upwards as little as possible (cut the lower part of your footage when editing the video)
-avoid structures that are known to be more or less vertical (in many of the scenes you are doing exactly that - intentionally or unintentionally)
-place vertical structures more in the middle of the frame
-a longer focal length of the lens would help too, but im not recommending it, cause this kind of scenery needs wide angleSmile
-for perfect results use a -costly- shift lens
#3 jackmtaco
Thank you Keksi. I realized the building and trees were bent from distortion and tried to fix it as best as possible. I noticed it too when reviewing the scenes but like you said as well, a wide lens is better for capturing this type of shots. I will definitely work on either keeping those centered more or correcting the distortion better. 

I appreciate the CC!

...also check out: