• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

XT Power problems

#1 nikonman05
Tried a holy grail with the View yesterday. Power the D750 with Tether Tools Case Relay and a XTPowerMP23000.
But it failed, due to the XTPower does not work. It seams that it is very unreliable.  So when I arrived this morning to the camera and holygrail thing, the battery was dead. When I come home, there was only 153 images from the whole night. When I plugged the XTP to the wall, it showed 86% power. When I took it off the wall charger, it was dead again. I´m using 9 volt to the D750, is that correct? Is there other things I have to be aware of?
#2 nikonman05
Googled the XTPower, and it seems that this is a common problems, with lots of disappointed customers, so be aware.
(Scroll down to the customers review)
https://www.amazon.com/XTPower-MP-23000-...B012NVN6IG
#3 Gunther
Really? I'm using the XTPower23000 since years now, and it's the most reliable power bank that I have.
One thing you should definitely check, is, if the voltage is set to 12V. Sometimes the Voltage resets to 9V then you experience problems like you did. To change the voltage, long press on the button on the battery then click to change the voltage to 12V.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 KidsOfAllAges
The older ones seem to be better. I have a good one that is a few years old, but we had to replace quite a few of the newer ones. I personally recommend professional VMount batteries (Bebob, Swit or IDX) now. These cost a fortune, but the are reliable and rugged.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
kids-of-all-ages.de

Motion Control Rental, Sales & Service
Timelapse Slider, Pan &Tilt, Controller

Offizieller Distributor von
Dynamic Perception, eMotimo, Rhino Camera Gear, TBox Systems
& Berkey System

Wir sind Partner der Teltec AG

#5 nikonman05
I´m using 9volt, so maybe this cause the problems. But if you say 12 volt is better, I will use that. But why 12v when the camera battery is 5v?
#6 Gunther
Ah, you are using the USB port to power the case relay, okay, I see. The 12V is only if you use a 12V inverter for the camera.
Then it's really strange, since the case relay has a buffer too. Maybe the XTPower shut off, and everything was running though the case relay, then it would be no wonder, the system died after 150 images.
I'd do some tests inside to see, if that problem can be reproduced with your battery.
#7 stars
I run with the same configuration, D750, Case relay and XTPower. USB to Relay and to iPad, plus 12 volts to lens heater (No Dew).

I experienced similar, time-lapse stopped, battery apparently dead.

I put it down to the cold. Minus 7 centigrade. I suspect theLion battery automatically turned off at a certain temperature (they do, see wiki), but is hard to replicate and prove. Now if I shoot in very cold weather, I have bought and use a hot water bottle (for the battery pack(s), not for me(!) but I cannot be sure if it cured the problem just because it stopped happening...:-)
#8 Gunther
You should never leave the batteries directly exposed to the cold. I always keep them at least in my backpack. Adding some pocket heaters might be another solution if the water bottle is too heavy to carry.

...also check out: