• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Selecting frames based on EXIF timestamp interval

#1 abennett
Hi all. I have a situation that perplexes me that I can't find a software solution for, since it seems like something like it should exist. The situation, in short, is I have a several thousand images with inconsistent intervals, ranging from 0.5 to 3 seconds. To be frank, the situation is not one that is likely to occur again, since the missing interval images was due to a card error and data recovery repairing 2850 images out of a total 3150.

Fortunately, the lapse was setup with way more frames than necessary, so choosing every 5th frame gives, by statistical average, intervals that range between 2.5 and 4 seconds; Not perfect, but it's hardly noticeable. What would be a better solution would be to define an interval based on the first and last EXIF timestamp (say
"3 seconds") and the software would select the closest image to that timestamp that it could find.

I've found the thread at https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-del...val-frames and understand that LRT has the ability to drop the n-th frame, but not select a new interval based on timestamp. Does anyone know if software exists that would do this?

Thanks to anyone who can steer me in the right direction, and I hope to be a more frequent visitor around her, having just picked up timelapse photography again after 15-or-so years!
#2 timelapsetim
Hi,
that's exactly what i'm looking for a long time. Is there any progress or did you find another solution/programm to do this?

...also check out: